-Chapter 9-

Up above is Kylee^

~Aasha's POV~

I wake up to the sounds of people screaming. I quickly sit up and hop out of my bed. I put on my mask and throw on a coat. I put on my boots and run out the door.

I smell smoke in the air. I start running faster. I run towards the tavern, it's up in flames. I put a hand over my mouth. I hear myself shout Bentleys name. I start running towards the tavern when someone pulled me back.

I look behind me and see Jasper, he was holding onto my arm. I try to shake him off but his grip is like iron. Tears start to build up, I let out a broken scream. I slide down to my knees, I throw off my mask and cover my face, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Jasper squats down next to me and wraps me into a hug. I mutter under my breath, "He can't be gone, he can't," I feel my voice crack. I hear Jasper whisper into my ear, "He found his peace Aasha.." his voice breaks too. I could tell that he was emotional about this as well.

Tears start falling down my cheeks faster. Everything was a blur. People started to try and put out the fire, but it didn't work. I sat there crying until I couldn't cry anymore. I couldn't believe that Bentley was gone..

A few months later

Nothing really changed besides the fact that the tavern was now rebuilt. Bentley had a beautiful memorial and his grave was placed on the outskirts of town. Bentleys daughter, Kylee, visited town to come to her fathers memorial. I didn't know that Bentley had a daughter.

Anyways, Kylee and I were good friends. Once I found out that Kylee was going to be the new quest giver and bar keeper I got excited. From time to time Kylee and I went to visit Bentleys grave. It's nice to see him happy, in a place filled with peace.

At the tavern

I sat down next to Jasper at the bar. Kylee slid me a drink and I paid her, "So any upcoming quests for us?" I ask Kylee, she shakes her head, "No, the holidays are coming 'round and people are trying to save their money," she answers. Jasper sets down his drink, "Then let's all get broke together," I crack a smile under my mask and look around the tavern.

"So what are your plans for decorating the place, even though we are overran by monsters doesn't mean that we still can't look pretty," I hear Kylee snort, "Yea, yea, oh would you look at that you do have a quest," I quickly turn around in my seat, almost falling off. Kylee hands me a paper, it read:
1. Lights
2. Cookie dough
3. Logs
4. Garland
5. Tree

"The hell is this?" I ask Kylee, "It's what you have to get me for the tavern," she answers. I roll my eyes, "What's the payment?" I ask, "5,000 gold," Kylee answers.

"Oh, yippee, I'll be back with your stuff.." I say and start walking out the door, "Hey Aasha, be careful.." Kylee said to me, "Don't worry I will," I say back and walk out the door.

Let's get this todo list started.