Chapter 4: Training pt. 3

I wake up the next morning with a splitting headache. I am not in a bed that I recognize. However, I slightly remember Eric carrying me to his apartment. I must be in his bed, but where is he?

I search the large room and see him asleep on the couch. I go to his dresser and pull out the first shirt I can find. I then walk into his bathroom, hopefully he wont mind if I shower here instead of taking the walk of shame to the dorm and everyone getting the wrong idea.

I get a short shower and when I get out I dry myself and run my fingers through my hair to get the knots out. I then put on one of Eric's shirts, it is a black tee with a small pocket over the left breast. It hangs halfway down my thighs, and droops off my shoulder. Eric must have been waken by the sound of the shower because he is no longer asleep on the couch. Five minutes later he walks back in the door with a pair of black leggings and combat boots. He also brought me a tank top, but I think I like his shirt better.

"I'm going to take a shower, are you going to be here when I get out?" He asked. The way he said it it sounds like he wants me to be here when he gets out.

"Maybe, depends if you take forever or not." I said smirking. He went into the bathroom, once I heard the shower turn on I decided to look around some. He had a huge bookshelf in the corner of the room. Who knew that someone as cold as him would be such an avid reader. I picked up one of the books, it was a Stephen King novel. So he is into the scary books. I pick it up fully off the shelf and take it to the couch. I sit with my legs crossed and begin to read. I haven't sat down and read a book for years. I am lost in the book when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I turn around to see Eric standing behind me, just a towel around his waist. "So I see you stayed, I also see you have found my books." He says.

"Yes, sorry I just wanted to see what kind of stuff you read and got a little into one of them. It's just so interesting." I said, eyes bright.

"Well you come here to read it anytime you want but for now you have a training to get to, and I have a training to teach." He says, he changes quickly as I finish getting dressed. I decide to put the tank on underneath his shirt in case I need to take off his shirt.

I left his apartment shortly after so that I could grab some breakfast before training. As I was walking to training eating a muffin I was suddenly pushed against the wall. Someone's hand was at my throat. At this point I knew it was not Eric, but I couldn't get a good look as to who it was. I struggled against him but he was much stronger than me. He and his friend were trying to kill me, or maybe worse.

"Stop." I managed to get out through my crushed windpipe.

"Why should I, hmm? I will be the best in the class even if I have to kill you to get there." He said as he smashed my head against the jagged rock behind me, over and over and over again. Until my vision began to blur.

I dropped to the ground and gasped for air. I tried to crawl away, before my attackers could reach me again. I had gotten my breath back but I was still a little dazed. Now I was prepared for a fight. When I turned around there was a large muscular figure standing over my previous attacker. The figure stepped close and closer to the boy on the ground pushing him closer and closer to the edge of the chasm. Part of me wanted him to just kick him off let him fall to his death, he tried to kill me after all. But I couldn't let the man do that.

I got up and ran to the tall man and jumped onto his back punching him as hard as I could. "Stop! Don't kill him! He may deserve it, but don't kill him." I said trying to get him to move back, away from the ledge.

"Ashley, get off." I refused to move although I stopped punching. "I said get off!" He yelled and through me off of his shoulders. I knew it was Eric the moment I got close to him. But never did I think that he would just throw me like that.