Playing House

I woke up the next morning and Jake was gone.

"Jake!" I yell. He rushes into the room with perfectly made coffee.

"Rise and shine, sexy." He winked at me. I roll my eyes, I guess he's back to his old antics. I feel sick.

"Maybe I should... go." I say.

"Where are you going to go across the street to your DAD?!" He taunts me.

"Ouch. That hurts, Jake." I say with one year streaming my face. I storm out slamming the door. Where am I supposed to go? Fuck.

I start running down the street. I run and run until I find forest. I stop and admire the trees. I breathe in and out trying to calm myself. Why would he say that to me? I just started to trust him too.... I wish he was who I thought he was.

I softly cry to myself and close my eyes. I start to drift off.

I walk back home to find my dad sitting at the kitchen table with a belt. I just let my head hang low, I just give up.

"Do whatever you want...." I mutter.

"Oh. I will." He sneers at me. He grabs me roughly by the shoulder and pushes me down.

I open my eyes. Wow. I was dreaming. I start look around. Where am I? I feel something soft. What is that? Is that.... a wolf?!? I'm laying on a wolf?! I start getting up to my feet. I start to scream. Suddenly, the wolf growls at me.

"Hey! Don't you dare! Get away from her!" Jake appeared from behind a tree. The wolf runs away.

"Jake, what are you doing here?" I say startled. He walks up to me.

"Are you okay, did he hurt you?" He says quickly.

"No. Why are you here?" I say frantically.

"I heard you scream and got here as fast as I could." He said calmly.

"How did you here me?" I ask.

"I was looking for you and heard the scream." He explains quickly.

"Why did you follow me? I thought you hated me!" I yell at him.

"I.....could.....never.... hate you." He says defeated. I blush and look him in the eyes.

"I just.... errghhh don't know how to handle you!" He says and grips his hair frustrated.

"I don't know how to handle you!! I can't keep up with the constant mood swings! I am pissed. It hurts me. What you do hurts, you know Jake!" I shout with tears streaming down. I try to walk away. He grabs me by the inside of my elbow.

"Let go of me, Jake!" I yell pulling my arm away.

"I'm.... sorry." I look at him. He has pool in his eyes.

"Are you crying??" I say with empathy.

"No." He wipes his eyes. His voice laced with emotion.

"See! This is exactly what I'm talking about!" I cry.

"I just don't know how to express emotion because of my past." He says looking into the distance. I hear a howl.

"Jake, I'm scared." I say softly.

"Come on Rose, we have to go." He says urgently.

"What, why??" I demand.

"We just have to go!" He says. Then, he picks me up.

"Put me down!" I yell.

"No!" He says.

We are going really fast. He's a fast runner. He must be in track.

"Where are you taking me?" I say quietly.

"Home." He answers.

"Why?" I whisper.

"To play house." He says firmly.