Chapter 3

"My alarm didn't go off." I said. He looked at me and raised his eyebrow, as if to say and you couldn't have just said that?

Connor started the truck. He backed out of the driveway and headed downtown where there were more decorations. "The best girl around deserves the best lights around."

I smiled and looked downy at my hands, twirling my thumbs. That familiar feeling of flushing cheeks was back. I began to wonder if I liked that feeling, or if I were annoyed by it. Connor grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Stay there babe I have to put this on Instagram." He laughed at me as I took a picture and posted it.

"People are gonna get tired of seeing me on your news feed

"People are gonna get tired of seeing me on your news feed." I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "If I cared do you think I would have agreed to go out with a you, Connor." He shook his head and smiled, "What would I do without you?" "Be single," I said.

There were so many, huge, vibrant Christmas lights. My favorite ones to look at are the long ones that make a tunnel over the road. Walking under them make me feel... I don't know... almost free. I just become over filled with joy.

A lot of people like Christmas for the gifts, or maybe even playing Santa to children. Sure, those are great, but I love Christmas so much because the atmosphere just seems cozier; happier. The hot chocolate, Christmas Carols, heaters, big fluffy blankets, UGGs, Christmas and fuzzy socks, and the love everyone shows during Christmas.

"What's wrong?" Connor brought me out of my deep thought. "Nothing," I shook my head. He pulled over in the parking lot of a restaurant. "There's something wrong."

I didn't know what to say because deep down I feel something is off. "Nothings wrong. Why would you think that?" He looked at me and had more of a concerned tone, "You've been acting weird. C'mon, tell me what's up." "I still don't know what you mean." His voice sounding more stern this time, "I don't know.  Earlier you looked like you'd seen a dang ghost!"

He doesn't know, he can't. He just happened to say something. That expression is used by a lot of people; you looked like you'd seen a dang ghost! His words played over and over. My head spinning like a tornado. "There it goes again," he sounded concerned. "I think i'm getting sick or something. I want to go home. I'm sorry. We can try again tomorrow."

I felt bad for having to end our date like that, but I really didn't feel well. I was shaky, nauseous, and genuinely scared. Not of him, of course. The more I thought, the more I questioned as to why I wanted to go home. That's where I was the most scared.

He offered to stay and watch a movie, but I told him that I didn't want to be the reason for him getting sick.

I walked in and looked for mom. "Mom!" No answer. "MOM," I yelled louder. Again, no answer. I looked in her room, the living room, the guest room, then finally found her in the basement.

"Hey, honey, why are you home so early? You look sick, are you okay?" I looked her in the eyes and whispered, "It's happening again."

All the color drained from her face. I haven't seen her this scared my whole life. She simply said "Not here. Let's go get dinner. What do you want?"

I know why she said that. I'm apparently not the only one who notices it. "Can we get Chinese food?" Mom nodded and grabbed the keys. In the car she sighed, "I can't do this anymore. We've done everything. We are gonna have to move..."

No, no, no. This can't be happening. "Move? How far?" Mom shrugged, "I don't know yet. I'm sorry, but I have to protect you."

I understand why. I'm basically her only child. My brother never calls, we don't even know where he is.

We sat down and soon began eating our meal. Mom and I discussed the possible places we could move to. I don't know how much I like her ideas. They are all far from Colorado. I began to realize how my life was about to drastically change. What I didn't know was how drastically.
------------------------------------
Sorry for this chapter being so short compared to the others. I have been on vacation and haven't had much of a chance to write. I'll write more later. I love y'all ❤️️ leave opinions in the comments!