Chapter 2

My heart dropped to the floor. I tried to wipe the sweat from the palms of my hands onto my jeans. I felt my cheeks burning, a now familiar sensation while in Connor's presence.

"That'd be great," I said with a smile.

"I know it's soon, but I can't help it. the more I talk to you the more impatient I become. Since we are official, this should be an every day thing."

"You can't spend money on me every day. Staying in works just as well, if not better, than going out on expensive dates. I'm easy to please."

We laughed and talked the rest of the time there. We left about 9 p.m.

I fell asleep in the truck on the way home, and later found out Connor thought posting it would be a cute idea.

When we pulled up in my driveway he cut his truck off, and we sat in silence for what felt like hours

"I had a great time tonight, Connor. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll walk you to your door."

He walked me to my doorstep, and kissed me. Then he held me back from going inside. He knocks on the door and waits for what he hoped to be your parents.

"Brynn don't you have a set of k— I'm assuming you wanted to meet mom and dad. They're asleep."

"That's okay. I'll see you later. Bye."

He gave me a quick peck on the lips and got in his truck, out of the cold. My next goal was to get inside under warm blankets.

"Not even gonna talk about your date? It had to have gone well. I saw his post!"

"It was great, Liv. We talked about everything, but at the same time, we talked about nothing. He's definitely not what he's made out to be. Did you know he's from Alabama? He's so tall, too. I love tall boys."