Chapter 6

I'm so glad that it's finally Saturday. Honestly, I thought I wouldn't make it through this week.

When I woke up Liv was downstairs cooking. I put on a baggy sweater because I was freezing, and I walked downstairs. "Smells good in here. You cooking bacon and eggs," I asked, walking into the living room to turn up the heat. "Yeah, I am. It's finished if you want to come eat.

I walked back into the kitchen to grab a plate when I noticed her eggs were scrambled, but mine were fried. "Aw, Liv, you remembered!" She smiled and said, "I have known you for years. I know you better than you know yourself. I can't forget that you only eat fried eggs."

Mom told us that we need to start looking at apartments in LA. She said we will have our own apartment, and we get to pick it since we didn't really want to move and leave everything we have ever known. When we actually began looking for apartments, I was no longer upset about moving. I was actually almost eager.

Along with our search for an apartment, we looked for ways to decorate it. We found a lot of DIYs on Pinterest that were made from fairly cheap, but cute items. We looked at color samples online, along with other needs for a place to live, such as furniture and appliances.

"All of this is exhausting. Can we just do something fun? Maybe go bowling? Invite Connor?" Liv nodded and grabbed clothes and underwear, then went to shower. I got some clothes too and went to the other shower.

When I got out, I brushed my hair and put on my makeup, waiting for Liv to finish drying her hair. I also texted Connor, asking him to meet us at the bowling alley. I immediately got a reply, but it wasn't anything like I expected. "Error 194: message can not be sent."

That was odd. I figured his phone was just messed up, and I finished getting ready.

By time to leave, Connor still hasn't texted or called. Worried, I dialed his number. I was about to hang up when suddenly I heard, "Yes," in what sounded almost like an annoyed tone.

"Hey, Connor, Liv and I were go —." I was cut off by him saying, "I can't do this right now, Brynn. I'm busy. I'll see you later."

I don't know what his deal was, but he was really irritating me, and making me not even want to go anymore. Deep down, though, I knew I couldn't just ditch Liv like that. It just wouldn't be right.

"Liv, do you want to drive? I'm not in the mood, but I can drive if you want me to." She nodded her head, agreeing to drive. "What do you think his problem is?" I began to fidget with my hands. "Liv... I really wish I knew the answer to that," I sighed.

All night, while we were bowling, I couldn't keep my mind off of Connor, and how he's acted. He's been so different, so distant, since he found out I was moving. You think that that would make him want to be around more often, but... it didn't? Why? Is there something going on? So many things were rushing through my mind that I didn't even realize Liv had already won.

She sat down and patted the seat next to her, wanting me to sit there. "Come sit," she demanded. "You can either talk here or in your room with ice cream. You're not yourself kiddo." We both agreed it'd be best, and more comfortable, to just go to my room with ice cream.

We decided on a blizzard from DQ as our "ice cream". Which is generally the same thing, just thicker and tastes better.

Once we got home I told her literally everything that's gone wrong from the very moment I told Connor moving was  being thought about, all the way until this afternoon's phone call. I told her exactly how each thing made me feel and related to each of those feelings to how I feel now in the best way possible. At this point though, I honestly don't know what to feel or how I feel.

After we finished drowning our sorrows in ice cream, we decided to cuddle (in a friendly manner, not a lover way) and watch chick flicks. One of my favorite of all time is "10 Things I Hate About You". It has such a cute storyline, and the ending gets me every time. It's just adorable through and through.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my bedroom door. I sat bolt upright, and looked at the clock, 2:39 A.M. "Hello," I asked. Nothing. I thought about getting up, then I thought about like every scary movie ever, and decided to roll over and go back to sleep.

I was almost back asleep when I felt one arm wrap around my waist, the other cupping my mouth. I began kicking, screaming, and biting the hand, attempting to free myself. I finally broke loose from their grip and fell to the floor. While attempting to get away, they grabbed my ankle. I turned around, in fear, only to see the face of Connor.

"BRYNN! BRYNN WAKE UP!" I opened my eyes to see myself covered in tears and eye makeup. "Brynn what's wrong? You kept screaming bloody murder, and you're crying your eyes out."

I sat up, realizing the horror I'd just witnessed was only a dream. I sat with my back against the headboard and my knees pulled to my chest for what felt like ages. I looked at the clock to see it's only half past 5 A.M. on a Sunday. I thought maybe it'd be best to at least try to fall back asleep.