Chapter 3

On Christmas morning I rushed over to the living room to see if Liz was up yet. I hoped she was because I couldn't wait to see what she got me. She wasn't in the living room yet. She walked out of the kitchen. "Hey, girl!" She said coming over to me.

     "Hey! Do you want to start opening presents?" I asked.

     "I thought you said Timmy was coming?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

     "Oh, yeah!" I said. I heard a knock on my door. "I'll get it!" I screamed rushing over.

     "I knew you would." Liz said.

     I opened the door to see Timmy standing there with all these bags of Christmas presents. "Aw, babe." I said. "Why didn't you call me? I could've helped you."

     "I didn't want to bother you in case you weren't up." He said.

     "Well, get in." I said. "You've got to be tired from all that carrying."

     "Yeah, I am." He set all of his things down and sat down on the couch. "So are you two ready to start opening?" He asked.

     "Yes!" Liz and I both said in unison.

     "Well, let's start then." Timmy said getting all the presents out of his bag.

     "Wow, you really went to a lot of trouble." I said.

     "Yeah, because I love you."

     He'd never said that to me before, EVER! That "I love you" brought tears to my eyes, but I was not about to cry. I had to stay strong. If he saw me crying, that would show weakness. I didn't want to do that, especially not on Christmas.

     After we received all our presents, we started ripping away immediately. "Oh my gosh!" Liz shouted out. "A glow in the dark T-shirt! Aw, Bridget, you shouldn't have." She held it up to her chest. "I love it! Thanks so much, bestie!" She said giving me a hug.

     "Of course. Now to open the one you got me." I started ripping away at the wrapping paper. I gasped. "Oh my gosh! Liz, you know how bad I've been wanting this!" I held up a Michael Jackson poster from the Thriller Era. I knew for a fact that it must've cost her a fortune because of its rarity. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I said hugging her. I opened the one that Timmy got for me next. "Oh, a bracelet. Timmy, it's wonderful. Thank you!" I gave him a hug also.

     "You're welcome, babe." He said hugging back. After we were all done and had our feast, Timmy headed back home. We waved goodbye to him, and he planted a kiss on my cheek before heading out the door.

     Liz helped me put up my Michael Jackson poster over my bed. "Thanks so much for this." I said when we were finished with our small task.

     "Of course." She said. "You know you're my best friend, and I'd do anything for you." Once she left the room, I looked back at it. I could've sworn I saw him blink. My eyes must've been tricking me. It was only a picture. There was no possible way that it could have moved. I headed back out to the living room, forgetting the whole matter.

★I thought you guys should know, their apartment consists of four rooms. They have a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom, and a shared bedroom. Also, how are you guys liking it so far? I'd love to know.★