Chapter 13

I didn't know how I was even going to be able to find enough room for Bridget and Liz. I only had one bedroom. Maybe I could dream something up, like what Bridget did for me. I let Liz and Bridget relax on my couch while I closed my eyes and imagined my house with a couple more bedrooms. I imagined one with cute little hearts decorated on pink walls. The bed was a very light purple. That bedroom would be Bridget's. The next bedroom I planned up was Liz's bedroom. I didn't know much about her, but Bridget had told me enough that I was at least able to plan up her bedroom. It would be a very bright beachside looking bedroom. The bed would be a light blue with a teddy bear. I opened my eyes. I headed down the hall exactly where I imagined the bedrooms should be. There was one more hallway that wasn't there before. I smiled and walked down it. On my left was the bedroom I planned for Liz, and on my right was the one I prepared for Bridget. I headed back to the couch and led Liz to her bedroom. She said, "Thank you," then closed the door gently. I headed back for Bridget this time. I picked her up gently and carried her to her bedroom. I tucked her in to her bed. I was just about to close the door when I heard her voice say my name very quietly.

     "Yes?" I asked.

     "My head hurts. May I get some water?" She asked.

     "Of course." She lifted the blanket a little, but then I said, "Let me get it."

     "I can do it. My head doesn't hurt that bad. Could you just show me where the water is?"

     "Yes, of course."

     "Thank you."

     "No problem." I smiled. "Are you sure you don't need any help?"

     "No, I'll be fine. Thank you, Michael."

     "You're welcome."

     It was a short trip to the refrigerator. She did surprisingly just fine. That shouldn't have been surprising to me though. I knew Bridget was a very strong young woman. "Michael?" She asked.

     "Yes?" I asked back.

     "Did Xavier take over my home?"

     "I-I don't know if he left last night."

     "I need to go make sure Liz is okay." She said running off, but I grabbed her arm.

     "She's safe. Don't worry about her. She's staying in a special room I designed for her."

     "Wait, does that mean you designed the room I'm staying in too?"

     "No, it's an old guest room I have."

     "Oh." She said looking down sadly.

     I lifted her chin up. "You know? I was only kidding."

     "Okay good." She said brightening up a little.

     "Michael, what's going to happen to my home?"

     "I don't know. I wish I did know. I'm sorry."

     "It's okay. It's not your fault. I just- I have some really important memories there."

     "Hey, if you want, I could take you there, that way you can see how it's holding up."

     "All right, Michael. I'd love that, and if Xavier's still there, we'll just take back all my belongings?"

     "Yes, of course." I said smiling.

     "Thank you."

     "No problem."

* Oh gosh! It's been way too long since I last updated. I'm really sorry. I hope you guys like this chapter though.*