22

After school Riley walked home alone. "Riley?" she heard behind her. She turned around to see Charlie. "Well youre back arent you?" he said.

        Riley immediately got scared "I am." she responded. Farkle started walking around the corner (they take the same route home) he saw them and decided to eaves drop. "Why? No one likes you. Youre worthless." he said Farkle stiffened.

       "Charlie you cheated on me five times, verbally abused me our whole relationship. You even made my life a living hell. I only stayed with you because i felt i had to or i would be a disappointment."

     Charlie laughed "You already are." he said smiling. "Charlie. I cant trust people now. No one. Not my parents. Not Maya or Lucas or Zay. Not even Farkle. And its not because of you. Its because you taught me not to." she said.

        Farkle stiffened more. "No one likes you. Not even Farkle." Charlie said "Y-Yes he does." Riley said trying to believe herself. Charlie laughed "No he doesnt. Dont you get it? Your parents were friends. He feels obligated to like you." he said

      To Riley that made sense. She felt like she was gonna cry but she didnt. She didnt know Farkle, joined now by the rest of their friends were listening.

         "Makes sense doesnt it?" he asked. Riley looked down and nodded "Sadly it actually does. I thought he was my friend this whole time." she said. Farkle and the gang about had enough but Charlie spoke once again.

         "No one likes you, Matthews." he said. Riley just grabbed her stuff and walked away and thats when the gang walked out. Charlie turned around and stopped laughing.