•Prologue•

|Middle of November|

Lyric's Perspective~

Buzz.

Buzz..

Buzz...

I roll over and hit my alarm clock on my nightstand and glanced at the time.

6:35 a.m.

I hate that I have 8 o'clock classes this semester, because I didn't want to wake up this early. I tried to get out of bed not to wake Xavier up. Practice didn't let out until midnight for him so he needs to sleep.

I grab my personal items and was walking to the bathroom. "Goodmorning Beautiful." He said and I smiled.

"Morning babe. Go back to sleep. I know practice was hell last night." I said as I greeted him to a kiss on the lips. He sighed trying to get up, "It wasn't actually too bad. Was running plays while me and Tris were on the bench majority of the time.

I shook my head as he was talking about his coach. Apparently at UCLA, freshman are not allowed to play their first year, which is bullshit.

"He probably will come around, just be patient." I said getting ready to brush my teeth.

Xavier came into the bathroom and began brushing his. We live in the same apartment since the school granted us both one, but I rarely go to mine.

Xavier kept on bugging and touching me, I rolled my eyes. He knows that I'm not the best person in the morning. Eventually, he gave up which caused me to smile as I got in the shower.

With thirty minutes to spare, I checked myself in the mirror one last time. I had on my red plaid POLO oxford shirt with black ripped knee leggings and my Timberlands on my feet. My hair was curly as usual and had my gold accessories on. Xavier came into the bedroom still in his boxers.

"Mmm. My baby look fly as hell today." He joked. I started doing the milly rock due to him making a beat and laughed. Mornings with him make my day and I love that.

"Thanks daddy." Kissing him on his check as I grabbed an apple out the fruit bowl. I raised my eyebrow after taking a bite.

"You chilling today? Don't you have class in the next hour?" I asked. He shrugged. "I'll make it when I make it. I hate that class anyways."

"Babe, it's history. The easiest history class you could possibly have throughout your college career." I took another bite of my apple.

Xavier was going on and on about his teacher and I was selectively listening cause he says the same thing every day. I opened my phone and saw that Nicki texted me.

My Main 💋: I'm ready when you are. Already downstairs.

"Baby I would love to hear you out again, but Nicki is downstairs waiting on me." I said as I walked over to kiss him on the lips.

"I love you," he said squeezing my ass, "Always." I smiled, "I love you too. And go to class. ON TIME!"

I caught up with Nicki and gave her a hug. "Come on girl! I been here for a good 10 mins!" Nicki started to say.

"Well excuse me, I was talking to X." I said and Nicki started making kissing noises.

"Probably was getting it in I see." Nicki joked. We walked out the apartment entrance across the street from the short walk onto campus.