Chapter 6: Only for You

My breath hitched in my throat as I felt his body heat against mine. I gulped and breathed in his cologne, smelling vanilla and mint. I blinked once, twice. He was still holding me. I froze in my spot and couldn't move. I kept my arms stuck beside me, but he didn't let go.

A warm feeling started pooling in my stomach, like the familiar feeling of comfort and warmth. I felt tingles everywhere, even on my cheeks. I can't believe the schools biggest bad boy was hugging me by the lockers. He felt so safe and inviting, I couldn't just stand there.

So, I wrapped around his waist, burying my face in his chest. Engulfing me in a second was a tighter grip. I felt the tears on prick on my eyes but I shut them tight. No, you're not crying in front of him. You're not. This is as low as you can get.

"It's okay, Van. Let it out." He spoke.

Or maybe you will.

I let out a cry and he chuckled above me. "You cry like a baby." I punched his chest and he laughed a little louder. I sniffled and he slowly let me go. I wiped my nose with my jacket sleeve and he let out a disgusting face.

"Unhygienic, Rickstone. Don't touch me." He huffed. I just stuck out my tongue at him and tried wiping the remaining tears still gushing out of me. I probably looked like a wreck. I had a terrible face when crying, I didn't look cute like how the other girls did when they cried. My cheeks didn't puff out and my nose wouldn't turn pink. I was an ugly crier. My face would contort into something I couldn't describe.

Anthony then suddenly reached out his hand, brushing a hair on my face.

"So you look more human." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder lightly. "Thank you, Anthony. You're a great comforter." I sniffed. He laughed and looked at me with those mesmerizing eyes. "I believe you mean the word 'friend', biscuit." He winked.

I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes again. "Right, because you would associate yourself with me. A believer in fairytales. A child." I felt the sting on my eyes again and tried to fight it.

"Maybe they're right, maybe I should grow up. Throw away my fantasies and just draw everything out. Burn them into ashes." I sighed, twisting my feet. He looked pained all of a sudden and I looked at him in bewilderment.

"Okay, listen. Don't get the wrong idea. This doesn't mean that I believe in your fantasy but fuck what everybody else thinks. You believe in unicorns? Fine. Go ahead." He spoke. I looked up at him and he looked really serious. I'm surprised. He sounded so genuine and it was a side I haven't seen in Anthony.

"It doesn't matter what they think, biscuit. Do what you gotta do. Be who you wanna be. It doesn't matter. What matters is how you view the world. Okay?" He sighed, already holding me by the shoulders, as if shaking me to reality. I gulped and blinked at him.

He looked fiercely serious and like he meant everything he said to me. I gave him a smile and looked at his hand on my shoulders. He blinked and let go of me, a hand travelling up his hair.

"You do have a heart." I giggled. He scoffed and waved a hand to address that he was done. I shrugged and stuck my tongue out at him.

"I gotta go fix myself. Thank you again, Tony." I smiled, waving at him as I walked away. He nodded and rolled his eyes, a little smile on his face as he watched me turn to the comfort room.

He disappeared from my sight and I sighed at my appearance. I didn't look too bad, thank the heavens it was an empty comfort room, too. I still had 'okay' hair and my face wasn't all blotchy. My eyes rimmed red but other than that, I looked completely normal.

All this drama because I didn't want to let go of some fairytale that I believed existed in real life. I was obsessed with fantasies, just thinking about the possibility of discovering everything just made me want to dive further into more information. But if that bothers some of friends, I have to rethink about those beliefs, then.

Mia had always been realistic, she had always tried to force me out of that fantastical trance. But I wasn't ready to give up on it, yet. Maybe now, I will.

I washed my hands and splashed some water on my face, a few seconds of drying myself off, the doors opened.

Mia.

She was looking at me then at the ground then back up at me. She sighed and came in, locking the doors behind her. I looked at her and waited.

"I'm sorry." We both simultaneously spoke. We laughed and ran to each other, engulfing in a hug.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything I said. Believe in everything you want, Van, that's what makes you who you are and I love that about you." She sniffled. I laughed and wiped her tears away.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, that was super dramatic."

We both laughed and hugged each other one more time. A few sniffles and cries later, we both looked decent enough to go out. Dale was outside, looking down. I smiled at him and he sighed.

"Van, I'm so-"

"Zip it, it's okay." I laughed. He smiled and engulfed the two of us in a hug. I love my friends, I really do. They'd do anything for me and I know I'd be able to do the same. This is something I have always been proud of. We were a bunch that didn't belong together but worked so perfectly well with each other. I loved it.

"So, your dream man followed you out those doors. What happened? Did you guys kiss?"

I almost choked on my saliva. Mia was crazy! We couldn't have kissed, why would we anyways? We didn't work like that.

You wish you did.

Oh, shut up brain.

I shook my head and laughed at her question. "No, Mia, we didn't. Sorry to say, he just teased me about being a baby." I shrugged. Dale laughed and whispered something into Mia's ear, making her squeal.

"Or maybe his baby." She whispered to me.

There go the tingles again.

*****

"Anthony, can you please stop messing with me?" I sighed as I swatted another paper ball away from my book.

You see Anthony's room was opposite of mine. He didn't have a window there when they moved in but he wanted one once he found out my room was actually there to begin with. He had window built to where mine was facing and I have since suffered for years.

"I'm bored." He whined. I rolled my eyes, trying to finish my homework which I'm pretty sure he should be doing as well.

"Then go fetch." I snapped. He guffawed in laughter, making me smile a little. Hearing his laughter always made me queasy. He rarely smiles, nor laughs. So hearing that made me kind of have a soft spot.

"Feisty biscuit. Me likey." He spoke. I looked at him and he was staring at me, his chin on his hand, a smug look on his face.

I help up my middle finger to him and he snorted. How attractive.

"Don't you have anything else to do, Black?" I grunted, closing my book, deciding to wake up early and finish this damn homework. Because a certain neighbor can't get his hands away from me.

Psh.

"You wear that garbage to sleep?" He asked, looking at my hand. I stuck a tongue out at him and he smiled. "Yeah, I don't take it off." I sighed. I stood up and ran a hand through my hair. The bracelet wasn't even an expensive one. It was made with yarn and scrap silver. But it had three charms on it, a heart, a unicorn and a rainbow.

It's like he's feeding me into fantasy.

"It kinda reminds me to not murder you, since you still have a heart." I winked. He laughed and blew me a kiss.

"Only for you, biscuit. Only for you."