Kendra

Chapter 6

          Stepping out of the airport terminal and into the Vegas sun, I felt like a new me. Sean had offered to carry all the bags so when he appeared at my side, he was already sweating. Looking through my phone, I swiped through the pictures I took. I had made sure to take a picture of the Welcome to Las Vegas sign; no way was I missing that.

            “Where’s our ride?” Sean panted, wiping his forehead. I eyed him.

            “Are you sure you’re from Vegas? You seem to be laboring a lot for a Vegas boy,” I smirked, Sean glared at me.

            “You sure do pack a lot of unnecessary clothes,” he groaned, shooting me a glare of distaste. I laughed.

            “I’m a female Sean.” He rolled his eyes, wiping his sweaty palms on his shirt. “That’s not attractive.” Sean ignored me and opened his bag, and pulled out sweating water. I raised my phone and took pictures of my scenery, Vegas was more beautiful than I thought. “It must’ve been great to live here.”

            “When it wasn’t hot yeah.” I chuckled and stuffed my phone back into my pocket. Sean scratched his glistening tattoos, groaning. “I hope this doesn’t scar.”

            “You need to stay beautiful; you have a photo shoot today.” I grabbed my roller bag, looking around for the pedestrian bridge. When I spotted it, I beckoned Sean on. “Let’s go sweaty.” Sean shook his head and hoofed his bag onto his shoulder, walking closely behind.

            “Well, at least I’m not your slave anymore,” he added from behind me.

            “I can make you my slave again.”

            “But I’m the model here.” I shook my head.

            “Well, you could buff up your muscles then.” I heard Sean grunt behind me, making me laugh. 

            “Do I still have to do that shoot with Amethyst Clothing? I’m feeling really sweaty and nasty.” Sometimes when Sean spoke, I had a hard time determining whether his brain was female or male.

            “Of course! How do you expect to earn your keep?” Sean eventually caught up with me as we entered the parking garage. “Our ride is on the ground floor.”

            “I’m not going down stairs, especially with this thing.” I nodded, making my way towards the elevator. When we entered it, it was empty. I smiled to myself, I was in Vegas and I would make sure to enjoy every minute of it. Kendra was the last thing on my mind and I planned to keep it that way. After her episode at the club, I had moved into my mother’s house impatiently awaiting my trip. “I don’t know why they want me to do a shoot jet lagged.”

            “That’s when you look your best,” I joked, watching the elevator tick as it dropped to the ground floor. The doors opened quickly, revealing even more people standing outside. Sean and I stepped around them, searching for our ride.

            “Do you know where we are going?”

            “We’re looking for a black surburban.” I scanned the parking garage. It was full of families and friends greeting each other. People were getting in and out of cars, some being dropped off while others were being picked up.

            “Shouldn’t someone be here holding up a sign?” he asked. I shook my head, without his agent sometimes Sean seemed kind of lost. Silently, I thanked god that Allison was flying in the next day. This would make my job a little less stressful. After scanning the parking lot, I spotted someone waving at me aggressively.