2. F*CK!

I stand in front of the back door of the restaurant, reaching into my backpack to retrieve my phone. But before I can even begin looking for it, a sudden impact sends me crashing to the ground with an audible thud.

"Ow," I whimper.

"I am so sor—" I hear someone begin to say.

The words catch in my throat as I lock eyes with the most striking man I've ever seen. His gaze is intense, momentarily flickering away before returning to meet mine. I follow his line of sight and realize with horror that my skirt has ridden up, exposing my white panties.

My cheeks burn with embarrassment as I scramble to my feet, my heart pounding erratically. I'm on the verge of stumbling backward when the man reaches out and catches me, pulling me into a dip. Our faces are mere inches apart, his hazel eyes capturing my attention completely. His stubbled chin and cheeks add to his rugged allure, and the warmth of his hands on my lower back sends a shiver down my spine.

In that moment, time seems to stand still as we linger in our unexpected embrace. My hands instinctively find their way to his shoulders, seeking support as I try to regain my composure.

Despite the embarrassment of the situation, I can't help but be drawn to him. There's something magnetic about his presence, something that makes my heart race and my stomach flutter.

As he helps me back to my feet, I find myself lost for words, unable to tear my gaze away from his captivating eyes.

As his touch lingers on my lower back, every nerve in my body ignites with an intensity I've never experienced before. It's as if a wildfire is raging within me, consuming my senses and leaving me breathless. My heart races, my skin tingles, and a rush of heat floods my veins, all from the simple contact of his hands.

"Elio!" a voice calls out, shattering the moment like glass.

In an instant, the man releases me from our intimate embrace, his hands retreating as if burned. I quickly compose myself, my cheeks still flushed with the heat of embarrassment and desire.

As Mr. Bozza opens the door, I hastily adjust my skirt, grateful for the distraction. "Eli—Jaidyn, is that you?" he asks, his warm smile enveloping me in a sense of familiarity.

"Mr. Bozza, I'm so glad to see you!" I beam, returning his hug with genuine affection. Though our encounters have been few, his presence has always been a source of comfort and support.

We exchange pleasantries as I follow him inside, my heart still racing from the unexpected encounter. And as I reflect on the whirlwind of emotions, I can't help but feel grateful for the distraction Mr. Bozza provides, his presence a reminder of the strength and resilience that have carried us through difficult times.

"I haven't seen you in so long. Look at yourself. You've grown up to be a very beautiful young lady," Mr. Bozza remarks, holding me at arm's length.

Blushing at the compliment, I reply, "It's been a little over 2 years."

"Time does fly," he agrees with a nod. "Come on in. Your father mu—" His gaze shifts past me. "Elio, I didn't see you there. This is Jaidyn, Nick's daughter."

"Hi, I'm Elio Bozza, or more like Richard's son," he introduces himself with a smile that could light up the room. Oh dear God, his smile is perfect. Fuck!

I strive to conceal my nervousness and the burgeoning desire stirring within me, hoping to maintain an air of composure. With a slight adjustment to my posture, I extend my hand toward him. "Jaidyn Fuller, nice to meet you," I manage, my voice steady despite the rapid beat of my heart.

As our hands touch, an unexpected surge of longing floods through me, urging me to abandon all restraint. For a fleeting moment, I'm tempted to throw caution to the wind, to surrender to the magnetic pull drawing me toward him.