Chapter 28: Visiting For a Bit

Reading my old chapters and realizing how stupid they all are OMG xD Kay i hope you guys understand whats goin on lol TBH IVE IMPROVED WRITING SO MUCH SINCE THE BEGINNING AND. I just wanna thank yalls for being patient with my writing skills xDD Im better but yas i still have much to improve at, but thanks anyways! Loveee you aalll!! <3 This next chapters for al you (no dip sherlock xD)

"Basically," Rolana began. "You both trespassed on our pack territory. Any wolf who crosses our line of territory needs to be taken back to the camp to be dealt with briefly."

Leon shuddered when she said 'dealt with'. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" He scoffed. "You do realize we are unfamiliar with these areas, right?"

"Yes I'm aware of that, but there's no need to worry. We just need to be sure. Pack protocol, like I said earlier," She told them. "The Chief will decide wether you stay for the night or leave immediately." Leon was still confused. Hopefully it'll be quick.

I guess these guys are the real deal, He thought. With an actual official pack, not just family.

The group continued until they reached the entrance of the camp. Leon could tell they were close, the scent of other wolves was almost too much for his glands to take. But he got over it quickly. 

"Stay here," Rolana ordered to Leon and Lily. "I'm going to fetch the Chief- Oh, I forgot one thing." 

What now?

"You two aren't part of a pack yet, right?" She questioned. 

"Why?" Leon wondered.

"Just, uhm... never mind." She whipped around and trotted quickly to what seemed like the Chief's den. Leon and Lily looked at one another, then shrugged. 

The wolves that escorted Leon and Lily introduced themselves. 

"I'm Jack," The male said.

"And I'm Nola," the one-eyed female said. Jack was a very dark rusty color, while Nola was much lighter compared to him. Even then, she was darker than both Leon and Lily. They introduced themselves also. Jack noticed Leon's missing leg.

"Ouch, how'd that happen?" He mentioned. "Must've hurt."

"Long story short, bear attack," Leon said. Why does everyone ask?

"Ah, yea my sister was in a bear attack," Jack mentioned. His accent was strange. "I still remember the day like it was yesterday. Sittin' at the creek bed, that lil' rat-brain. Lost her eye 'cause she just couldn't seem to stay awake."

Nola growled. "That was me, Jack. Get your dang facts straight." Jack laughed hoarsely. What's wrong with his throat? He's not even old.

"Gee, woman, I know," He huffed. "I was teasin' ya." She still glared at him playfully. Leon's heart sank into a deep, black hole. He missed his siblings and how he played with them. Geez,  Leon thought. I'm either missing Rain or Blue, or Lily and now she's with me. Why can't we all just be a happy family again?

Memories of Lily's stories came back to Leon's mind. About the bear attack at home. That vicious bear had caused a lot of trouble to his little family, including his back leg. Of course he wasn't sure it was the same bear, but it nagged at him that it was. Leon knew it wasn't necessary for revenge since it's just nature, but of course he's always bothered by something. What was Leon without a nag?

A sleek, light-rusty wolf emerged from the largest den entrance. Leon sat up straight. He imagined that this wolf was the Chief, since Rolana followed behind him towards Leon and Lily. As he approached, Leon dipped his head with respect. The Chief narrowed his eyes.