"Thank you" but "fuck you"

I was up early again, 5:00, still very dark, because of a storm and I saw a couple of zombies outside the café. Everyone was sound asleep, sprawled all over the place on the floor. The tables and seats were pushed to the walls of the café or on booth seats.

When we came the café door was open and the tables and seats were pushed over, some broken, but the coffee machine still worked, so that was golden. I stood up using the wall for help and went behind the front desk to the coffee pot. There was all these fancy looking ingredients on the counters, but I didn't know how to use them so I left then alone as I waited for the coffee to finish.

"I hope there's enough for me in that pot." Someone behind me said.

"Jesus!" I turned around the find Niall leaning against the front desk. "You, need to stop scaring me! We are in a forking Apocalypse for the lord of christ!"

"Shh, quiet down, would ya, theres people sleeping over there... and I'm not Jesus, thanks for the compliment though." He said and I looked at him in disbelief. "Now are you going to answer my question?"

"Yes, yes theres enough coffee for you." I say I'm a grumpy tone making Niall chuckle.

--

After Niall and I poured ourself coffee we went to the other side of the coffee shop, fixed a table and seats for us to sit at. We sat at the table drinking coffee, the storm had stopped about 30 minute ago and we were looking out at the sun, barely even over the buildings, just enough to make a haze of yellow and orange trace them. Sitting in this silence was okay but a little awkward, it stayed like that for a while until Niall spoke.

"All of this, what do you think of it?" He asked in a whispered voice.

"Honestly?"

"Yes."

"I don't know what to think." I answered soberly, and honest. I really didn't know what to think.

We sat quietly waiting for the sun to rise, along with the people. This time not so uncomfortable, it was ok.

--

By the time everyone woke up we had been sitting there for a good 50
minutes, in silence. It was my sister, Taylor, who found us and told us everyone was awake and to go pack. As I walked past her she grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"You got something going on with him?" She asked with a stern face.

"Oh god, no. He's just a friend, plus, I told you, I like girls." I said with a chuckle.

"Right, ok. I just-, I just want look out for you." Taylor said with a reassuring smile.

"Ok, I'll always do the same for you." I smiled back, holding her chin.

We went back and went up to a little group huddle

"Aright, guys." Gary said in a big voice gathering our attention. "Good morning." A agreed hum went up in the air, then to a disagreeing one. "Today is going to be a long day, we will be walking a lot, by the speed we went yesterday, we are not going to be at our next destination till... about... past midnight from now. That's about a whole day of waking, now, don't be pissed, we will rest every couple of miles. Okay team, let's start our day! Half of you collect things we can take from here, the other half take a look outside and see if it's safe"