Lifetimes Ago

TheKilljoyFae

Nancy

"Hey, Jonathan." I greet with a small smile on my face. I glance around the secluded area. It's isolated, dark... And it's just me, and him. That's it. I think it's around midnight. A thick fog shrouds the rough patches of the barren earth, and a supposedly blissful silence carries out my words; only the wind murmurs in response.

"It's been a while, I haven't seen you in... a long time." I continue my words, my tone is serene and small. I can't even properly glance at him. "I still can't really process what happened." I pace my story, every word dripping with a sense of fragile sadness; an almost impossible description, yet a statement all too true.

"I'm relatively stuck, Jonathan. Or John, how about Johnny? Yeah, how's Johnny?" I ask.

Silence.

"Huh, sorry. But... I'm trapped. In almost this hole, covered in darkness." My eyes remain averted on to the ground, where the thin veil that mystifyingly lingers in the air compliments the gentle coolness, there's no breeze tonight.

"It's hard to explain, Jonathan. I missed you, though. I still do. I'm glad You're here." My voice tends to grow smaller, and a rough shiver courses through my veins. The darkened sky seems to look like it's falling, having me bear the weight of the world, the everlasting night and the plethora of stars. "Jonathan, it's kind of cold out here. Are you cold?"

No response.

With a resonating sigh, I nod. "Remember the days when I used to think of you as a creep? I barely even acknowledged your existence, that is... until your brother went missing. Then, it was Barb." Another defining shudder, the utter nostalgia almost painful. "And you and I... we teamed up. Monster hunting, we called it. Remember?" Despite such bitter resent and quiet mourn, I can't help but relinquish a laugh, and the broken smile remains on my face, plastered on with tattered water color, dripping down the page.

"And I went into that place. That awful place." I remain in mt current sitting position, but cross my arms and squint in disdain. "You got me out of there, Jonathan. You saved me." I add, hoping that some sort of answer, a cracked laugh, a tiny 'yeah', something.

Nothing.

"I wish you would talk to me." Although these simple words, understandable and communicable among so many... except him. I'm not expectant of an answer. "I don't know why, or how." It's sorrowful to continue, painful within my midst to keep speaking, trying to release the hurt and anguish that's locked in my soul.

"When I became your friend, I felt safe. Comfortable. You were always there for me, Jonathan." Memories of a thousand years, a thousand pictures and enough beautiful things to last a complete lifetime fly through my mind, in a swirl of shining beauty and ethereal light.

"It was a bad situation. But we got through it, you and I." It truly was an awful situation, only one week, but filled with anxious torture. But we were together. Together.

"And the winter that came right after was beautiful. We became closer friends, and learned even more about one another." It still hurts, to speak. I don't want to speak. "And the summer was euphoric, filled with perfect disarray."

"But it was soon enough that when the leaves turned gold, and the cold started seeping in. You... you... you left me, Jonathan." My voice, nimble and quiet, begins cracking. I feel a tear stream down my cheeks and leaking off my chin, and another soon follows. My breath is shaky and unstable, and the words I repeated just felt like a million knives in my heart.

I start to fully sob, my world of the misty and almost magical midnight collapsing into a spinning and vibrating view of agony, the mournful pain of everything, breaching into my core and melting my heart, shattering it like a mirror.

"J-j-j..." I gasp in between complete tears, and I gather enough breath to scream. A scream of torture and completely broken, the scream that I've been holding in for lifetimes carries out until my throat hurts and I start to choke on my tears. Soon enough, the hazy echo of my sound and fury dies away, leaving me in a fetal heap.

"I'm stuck, Jonathan..." I manage to get out, the drops of tears still a river along my palid cheeks.

"I love you. You have all of me, every single part of my soul. Everything we had, it all... it's gone."

My final words to him, my message I hope is clear, and even in the darkness, I place the rose on the middle of the frosty grass, and rub a shaky hand along the cold stone of the tomb.

(Guys um... sorry for this.)