Two

As Andrew and I walk into school, people stare. I know what they are looking at, my face. Even though I caked on a lot of makeup, you can still see the dark bruises hidden underneath. I felt Andrew pull me closer.

     "Hey Marlowe!" I hear my friend, Nova yelled. She came running up to me and Andrew, smirking when she saw his arm around me.

     "Hey Nova." Andrew said while giving me a kiss on the forehead and walking off.

     "Just friends right?" Nova asked me with that signature smirk on her face.

     "Yes!" I kind of swirled out blushing like crazy.

      "Mhmm sure. Whatever you say." Nova responded interlocking our arms. Nova knew how I felt about Andrew. Him and I have been inseparable since we met 3 years ago. Over those 3 years I have fallen in love with him. I have seen him date girls who ended up breaking him. He will never know how I feel and that's what hurts the most.

      We walk into first period which was English. As Mr. Benz begins to teach my mind wonders. I begin to think of the hell I will have to encounter when I get home and I pray that Damon won't be there.

     Before I know it the bell rings signaling us to head to second period, my favorite one of the day. I walk into the art room and take my seat by Andrew as Mrs. Sloan begins to talk about negative space.

      I begin my piece of art. I quickly look over to see what Andrew is drawing. It's the silhouette of a girl. She has long brown hair and big brown doe eyes. In a way she kind of looks like me.

     I'm not sure what to draw. I begin to just draw lines and shade in spots.

    About an hour and a half late the bell rings. I look down and see my completed picture. It's a picture that describes my abuse, the things Damon says to me. I just stare at it. I see Andrew looking at it too. Before I can say anything he pulls me into a hug whispering little nothing's into my ear. I silently begin to cry.

     Andrew walked me to the bathroom so I could fix the mess on my face. While I'm in there I left up my shirt and see all the bruises from Damon's kicks this morning. On my left rib cage is a little cut that I had not seen before.

    I walk out of the bathroom and see Andrew sanding there waiting to walk me to my next class.

      After a couple more classes the final bell rings releasing us to go home. I meet Andrew at my locker and we walk towards my car. On the way to his house we talk about our day. The ups, the downs, the bad, the ugly.

     We finally arrive to Andrew's house and he gives me a hug.

     "You're shaking." He said looking concerned.

     "Yeah. It's no big deal." I told him looking down.

     "It is a big deal. It's not ok for Damon to scare you so much that you shake. It's not ok for him to treat you the way he does." Andrew says. His voice rising with each word.

   " I know it's not ok." I say begin to cry.

    Andrew takes me into his embrace telling me that he would make sure everything would be ok.

     After about 10 minutes of Andrew trying to get me to calm down he gets out of he car and tells me bye.

    Each mile closer to my house I become more and more terrified of what is waiting for me.

     When I get home, I get out of my car and head to the front door noticing in the process that Damon is home.

    I quietly open the door and close it. When I turn back around Damon is standing there and he quickly puts his hand around my neck holding me up on the door.

    "Where were you, slut?" He screamed at me.

    "At school." I attempt to say.

     "Don't. You. Dare. Lie. To. Me." He said threw clenched teeth. With every word came a punch to the gut. A total of 6 punches. He then threw me across the floor, making me hit into a wall.

      Damon then walked up the stairs to his room. I slowly start to get up. I look around and remember that Damon had demanded for me to clean the house today. I immediately start not wanting to see what happens if the job didn't get done.

     "I'm going to a bar. These has better be clean when I get home you stupid bitch." Damon said as he came down the stairs.

   It was about 4 o clock and I knew Damon probably wouldn't get home til 2 in the morning.

     I continue to clean, making sure everything is perfect. When I'm done I go upstairs and hop in the shower. When I get out I look at my self in the mirror. My eyes start to sting as I continue to stare at myself. I'm blue and purple from head to toe.

    By the time I'm done with everything it's 8 o clock. I decide to go to ned knowing that I will be woken up in a few hours by Damon.  As I drift off to sleep I can't help but think about Andrew.

   A few hours later I hear the front door slam shut, then stomping. That's when my door slings open revealing Damon with a murderous look in his eye.

************************************

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed. Please vote, comment, and share. The picture at the top is the drawing Marlowe drew.

~dakota👑