Three

Damon stomped over to my bed and grabbed my arm. He yanked me out of bed and tossed me across my room. He got to me before I could get up. He began kicking me in the ribs. Over and over and over again. He then picked me up and began punching me. Before long I had blood running down my  face.

      After about 10 minutes of him beating me, he let up and left my room. I slowly got up feeling every punch and kick each time I moved.

     I walk to the bathroom turning on some hot water and look in the mirror. My lip looks to be busted in about 3 different places. Also my nose looks to be broken. I begin to clean the blood off my face. When my face was clean I begun to notice couple of cuts on my face.

    I walk to my bedroom door and make sure Damon has gone to bed. Once I'm for sure that he has, I head down stairs to the kitchen to get the first aid box. I pull out some band aids and some pain cream.

    I head back up to my room making sure not to wake Damon. I walk back to my room and say a prayer before going to sleep.

    I wake up the next morning at 6. I slide out of bed and head stairs to make Damon his breakfast before he gets up. I sit the last plate on the table right when Damon starts marching down the stairs. As soon as he sits down I start walking back up to my room to go back to sleep since it's Saturday.

    "Stupid bitch wake up!" I hear Damon yelling after about 15 minutes of sleep.

    Damon comes into my room and Yanks me out of bed by my hair. He takes me to the top of the stairs and throws me down them.

    For the first time since the abuse started, I knew there was no way I was going to be able to get up. I look over at my right leg and sure enough it's already turning black and blue and I can see my bone fixing to pierce my skin.

     Damon looked down at me then just casually walked out of the house. I know that I needed to get to a hospital and soon but I hated hospitals. I knew Damon wasn't gonna be back anytime soon and even if he was he wouldn't take me to a hospital. So I call the only person I knew would help me.

    "Hello?" I hear Andrew's raspy voice say.

    "Hey Andy. Can you please come get me?" I asked him trying not to cry in pain.

     "Mars? What's wrong? What did that asshole do to you?" Andrew asked. I could hear the concern in his voice.

     "I need you to take me to the hospital. I.....fell....down the stairs." I answer trying to make him believe me but I knew he wouldn't.

     "Did Damon push you down the stairs? Please tell me the truth." I could hear the sadness in his voice.

     "Yeah..... He threw me down the stairs and I think he might have broke my leg." I told him truthfully.

     " I'm on my way Mars." Andrew said before hanging up.

     When Andrew got to my house I was still laying on the floor in the same exact place. I hated absolutely hated feeling so helpless.

    "Can you walk?" Andrew asked squatting beside me.

    "No." I say trying to move but failing.

    Andrew picked me up and carried me bridal style to his car.

    "I'm gonna tell the doctors that I slipped and feel down the stairs. They don't need to know about Damon." I told Andrew on the way to the hospital.

    "Marlowe, when are you gonna tell somebody about this. You need to get out of there. You need to get away from Damon before it gets worse. I don't wanna see him kill you." Andrew said becoming teary eyed.

    "I know Andy. And I will tell somebody soon. I promise. Just not today though." I told him looking at him telling him everything would be ok.

   When we arrive to the emergency room, Andrew carried me in. All my adrenaline was gone so the pain was unbearable.

    Nurses rushed over. One was pulling a gurney behind them. Andrew laid me on the gurney and walked with me to the hospital room.

    Andrew climbed up in the bed with me and we sat in that room for what seemed like hours before a doctor  finally came in.

    "Hello sweetie. My name is Dr. Shepherd. Do you mind telling me what happened?" The young doctor asked.

    "I was walking and tripped down the stairs. I guess I landed just right." I said laughing at that last part.

     Dr. Shepherd then examined my leg which hurt very bad.

    "Well sweetie, you are going to need emergency surgery so we can line the bone back up and then we will put you in a cast and boot for the healing process." The doctor told me after the exam.

     "When can we do the surgery?" I asked Mr. Doctor.

     "In about 15 minutes actually. And sir you can sit in here or go to the lobby and wait." Dr. Shepherd said turning to Andrew.

    "I'll just wait in here thank you." Andrew responded. And with that Dr. Shepherd left the room.

    About 15 minutes later a nurse came in to start an IV. After giving me 3 shots threw it, they began rolling me to surgery but not before Andrew kissed my forehead.

     Nothing Damon did to me could make me love Andrew any less.

************************************
Hey guyssss. Thx for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Please comment, share, and vote!!!

      ~dakota👑