18. When We Were Us

Dad paused after our apparent hurry to look at all the impalas that were lined in the parking lot.
I really didn't have much of a clue about what was going on. I looked around as the two got angry with Chuck, who had called us here. Yet he was saying he wasn't.
"Sam!" Becky squealed, rushing over to my uncle. "Oh and Eden." She gushed, pinching my cheeks. "Just as cute as ever!"
Dad took ahold of the collar of my jean jacket and yanked me from Becky's grip before I could strangle her. I flinched as more pain ran through my head. Sam cast me a weary look.
"What's up with her?" Chuck asked. But before Dean could explain a look of realization came over his face. "Oh.. Nevermind."
"How do you know?" My father questioned.
I rubbed the bridge of my nose. "He's a profit genius." Four sets of eyes turned to me as I spoke my first few words of the day. That was when we were interrupted.
"Hey Chuck! It's showtime." He had a bright smile. Chuck apologized for some reason and went inside. The three of us, and Becky followed. I stepped in front of dad to put more distance between Becky and I as I opened the door. A chubby man walked our way and chuckled.
"Hey Dean. How's it going?" Doing a quick observation with how he was dressed, I came to the conclusion of what this all was. My father and uncle were just flat out lost. Then the chubby guy looked to me. In that moment I felt like I was about to kill someone. "Hey there sweetie. You must have been dragged into all this haven't you?" I raised an eyebrow. "You make an adorable Angel. Just between you and me, I liked Carver Edlund's Eden books a lot too."
"He what?" Was all I could get out. The man chuckled again, patting my shoulder before walking off. The coldness of my fingers helped my throbbing head as I set them on my temple. Blue had swirled a little more into my eye.
"Who the hell are you?" Dad asked blankly.
"I'm Dean too. Duh." The stranger turned, but soon looked back. "And smart thinking about bringing Angel along with you. Don't see many people dressing as her around here."
Now I drug my hands over my face as a scarecrow guy walked up to us. I tuned out his conversation, until he looked to me and tilted his head. "Uh oh. You have Angel with you. Have fun sweetie." I was about to gouge my own eyes out as I saw all the other people dressed up. All the sudden the most annoying voice flooded my ears.
"Its awsome! The first ever Supernatural convention." She paused. "Though there are a few people here as Angel, the main character of the Eden books. She was mentioned a few times in the actual story. Chuck says she's fully introduced after Dean gets back from hell. There are also a few Alyssas too. They seem pretty interesting. I mean, she is a very good friend in trying to help them."

Yeah. I was going to kill her. Damn convention or not.

Throwing myself at Becky a pair of arms caught me and lifted me from the ground. "Acer." Dad tried to say calmly. "Eden. Eden." My arms went still over his arm and shoulder while he set my feet on the ground. "We will sort this out later." My glare didn't leave Becky for several moments.
"Can I kill Chuck?" I asked through gritted teeth.
"I would say not here. But I'm not letting an Archangel get you like he did Cas." I huffed at Dean's statement. Then I gripped onto his arm when my head felt light. He was ready to catch me too. But once I steadied myself I shook my head.
"I'm.... Going to see if I can get a water." I mumbled. I was seriously going to have to talk to Chuck about this 'Eden' series.
Getting to the counter I got more people calling me Angel. I grew more stiff by the moment since only one person... or angel called me that. I almost broke the water bottle that was handed to me. A hand softly took my shoulder.
"C'mon. It's starting."
"Do I have to go in and listen?" I mutter, feeling some people watching.
"It won't be that bad. C'mon Eden." And just like that Dad guided me to where everyone else was going.
...
Liar. was all I wanted to say at the moment. I had listened to them drone on about all that was scheduled for the convention. Half of them made me feel sick. Having to look over the heads of so many people that were dressed as people Sam, Dean, and I knew didn't help anything. But the worst part of it was. I was standing right next to Becky.
Then Chuck awkwardly comes out. I gave him an unamused look while I plotted ways I could cause Becky to disappear. He chugged down half a bottle of water before he asked for questions. Hands shot up. The question was asked, then answered. Chuck had found my glare, gulped and made a point to avoid my look.
Hook man stood up. He was the most annoying. I couldn't help but smirk when Becky snapped at him. I used that time to move next the Sam.
"So Dean goes to Hell in the last book. What happens next, along with Angel's story?"
Oh no.
"Well.. I have something to say about that actually. Thanks to an investor we can start publishing again. The Eden books have met their end. But she may or may not end up being in the next set of books."
And the crowd went ape-shit wild.