XXIV

Carli awoke in her bed, and the brunette was curled into her chest, snoring softly. "Elena," Carli whispered, "Wake up, it's Thanksgiving." 

"Hm," the Gilbert hummed in response. She cuddles closers to the original, not wanting to pull away from the much needed body heat. "Sleep," she commands, not as frightening as she would have wanted to sound. 

"Jeremy's wanting for us," she smiles softly pulling Elena in. "He's going to think we're up to no good." 

"We might be," Elena grins, snuggling her head deeper into Carli's neck. 

"We most definitely won't," Carli tugs her arm from under Elena while coming to her feet. Elena whines from the bed, but Carli pays no mind. "Get ready, I'm going to meet with Klaus and the others for a drink before we head out."

"You sure?" Elena asks, concerned for her lover. 

"I'll be fine, it's Thanksgiving, I just want to have a drink with my big brothers and sister." 

* * *

"It's good to see you sister," Elijah is the first to greet her. 

"You too, Elijah," Carli wraps her arounds around her brother. "Kol!" She sequels as they reach one another. "I missed you," she hugs him rather tightly. 

He kisses the top of her head, "I missed you too." 

"No love for us?" Klaus stands there with his arms wide open, Rebekah and Finn on either side of him. 

"It's good to see you all," Carli hugs her brothers before hugging her sister. 

"You look beautiful," Rebekah says smiling down at her sister. "How's Elena?" 

"We're good," Carli blushes, "We're happy." 

"That's good," Klaus says. "We only want the best for you." 

"So," Carli grins, "How's Europe?" 

* * *

"I love Christmas time," Carli mumbles quietly. Elena and her were wrapped in the duvet, sitting on the porch as snow fell around them. 

"I love hot chocolate," Elena giggles as they sip the delicious drink. "What're you thinking about?" 

"A lot of things," Carli shrugs leaning her head on top of Elena's. "You, being one." 

"Me?" 

"Would you ever think about getting married?" 

"Are you asking me?"

"No, but I've been thinking about it," Carli straightens up to sip on the hot chocolate. She looks over at Elena, whom was grinning. "What?" 

"I'd never say no," Elena blushes. 

"If I asked, you'd say yes?" 

"I would," Elena nods. 

"I'm not asking. I think it's just important to know, just incase." 

"Of course," Elena laughs as Carli bites her lips and looks away to hide her red face. 

"I love you, Elena," Carli mumbles as the cuddle closer. 

"I love you too," she whispers back. 

* * *

"I swear I wasn't asking," Carli jokes. "Holy shit, we're getting married," she smiles at the road before her.

"We are," Elena looks over at the blonde beauty with a large grin plastered on her face. She laces a hand with Carli, and kisses the back of her palm. "Are we seriously doing this?" The Gilbert let out a loud laugh, tossing her head back. 

"I think so," Carli pushes down on the accelerator. "We might be late to the party." 

"Totally worth it," Elena leans over the center, kissing her cheek. 

"Call the others," Carli says, "We might as well make this a family event." 

"Really?" 

"Why not?" Carli shrugs with a grin, "We gotta have some witnesses." 

Elena pulls her phone from her bag, dialing her brother's number first. "Elena? Where are you guys?" The worry was clear in his voice, but it faded as he heard her laugh. "What?" 

"Can you guys meet us?" 

"Yeah, is something wrong? You guys okay?" 

"We're getting married!" Carli yells from her spot behind the wheel. 

"Wait what? You're getting married?" 

"Maybe,"  Elena blushes. "Can you get everyone to met us?"

"Sure, where?" 

* * * 

"Congratulations!" Caroline exclaimed, hugging the life out of the recently wed. She pulled back, squealing like she always did when she was excited. Bonnie had been next, hugging Elena first. 

"I'm happy for you guys," she smiles softly. 

Jeremy couldn't stop his smiling, laughing as he squished the two in a two hug, "Welcome to the family, Carli." 

"Welcome to ours." The group all turn around, smiles dropping, and they all tense at the sight of the Mikaelson family. "Relax," Klaus continued with a smirk, "We're here to congratulate our sister, nothing to worry." 

"It's alright guys," Carli smiled as she walked towards her siblings. One by one, the Mikaelson began wrapping their arms around her, and it quickly turned to a group hug. "Thank you," Carli mumbles into Klaus' chest as she was nestled in the center of the hug. 

"Anything for you," he whispers back and they all pull away. 

"Am I allowed to congratulate the happy couple?" Damon asked, walking towards the blonde. 

"I don't hate you, Damon," Carli laughs. 

"We sure do," Rebekah gives him a tight smile as her brothers glared at the Salvatore. 

"I've always preferred Stefan," Klaus shrugs. 

Carli rolls her eyes, "Thanks for coming, Damon, it means a lot to me, and I'm sure to Elena." 

He hesitates before pulling her into a hug. Carli squeezes him tightly as he spoke, "I'm sorry." 

"It's been three years, Damon, I'm not mad," she mumbles back. "I'm just happy you're here." 

"So," Alaric grinned. "What not?" 

"Pizza sounds great right now," Carli shrugged. 

"You just got married, and you want pizza?" Tyler jokes. 

"Priorities," Carli laced her fingers with Elena's. The group laughed, and conversation started amongst them as everyone began to walk towards their cars. A meal at the Grill on all over their minds. 

"I love you," Elena tells Carli as they walk behind their friends and family. 

"I love you too." 

Carli gasps, shooting up and away from her pillow. She pants as her eyes quickly adjust to the darkness in the room. 

Just a little something for you guys. I'm going to try, and update my other stories too. Anyways, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving(if you celebrate it). Have a wonderful Christmas(if you celebrate it), and a Happy New Year!