Just Flow.

I guess you can say that I was slightly surprised when Flo showed up to practice. She had been sitting on the closest bench, unnoticed, until I saw her watching us in deep concentration.

It's been five minutes since I've noticee that she showed up and now I'm getting tired of waiting for one of the guys approach her. I know for a fact that they had noticed her, considering they keep darting their eyes over in her direction and continue to show off.

I call break and the guys nod in acceptance. I jog over to Flo. Flo notices me walking towards her and she throws her arms up in exaggeration. "You guys are amazing!"

"Thanks, come meet the guys," I say as I laugh, pushing her towards the lot of guys. Eddy seems to have cracked a joke because suddenly all the guys are cracking up when we interrupt.

"Hey guys, this is Flo," I say. All the guys turn and look at her, some with recognition and others with quizzical expressions.

"Hey," they say in a chorus, causing Flo and I to burst out in laughter.

"Hello," Flo mumbles.

There's a small silence for a few seconds before I speak up. "Guys, how would you feel about having another team mate on the team?"

Now everyone stares at me, shock written on every inch of every face before me. I hold back a giggle and wait for an answer.

Being the arrogant guy that he is, Cooper speaks up. "I really don't think so. I mean, look at her. She would get crushed."

Flo's cheeks go aflame and I scowl at Cooper. "She was on a football team before she moved here. A receiver."

"...Women," Xander says, high fiving Xavier.

I scoff. "Whatever, you know what I mean."

All of the guys looked shocked, yet again. I turn my head and meet Flo's eyes before she starts giggling at their reactions.

"We should-" Xander starts.

"-Definately do it," Xavier finishes.

I stare at Chance, wanting him to speak up. Instead, Kurk does.

"Let her join, that way Jess can have a bit more femininity in her," he says jokingly, poking my shoulder in the process. I stick my tongue out at him, although in reality, it kind of hurts to know that they think I have no feminine qualities.

After about ten minutes of debating, the guys and I vote that Flo joins the team. I give her a hug and a pat on the back before she's ripped away from my embrace and pulled into those of the twins.

They have a new object of their adorable torture now.

Growing up so fast.

I smile and let her bask in the attention and acceptance. I know that feeling through the same way she is now. Luckily, she won't have to train like I did. She might have to work on her skating methods, but movement and what-not will already be there from football.

I walk to the bench that Flo had earlier occupied. I didn't realize I was this tired, not at all. Usually I have a good amount of energy during practices, but today? Today I feel utterly exhausted.

I criss-cross my legs as I sit on the bench, and watch my team mates. A smile makes it's way to my face. Flo's taking animatedly with Austin, a dust if pink emitting from her cheeks. The twins, having given up on bothering Flo, are playing catch with the derbyball ball. Kurk, Don, Kendrick and Chance are standing, talking casually. Eddy, and Cooper, being the closet to me, allow bits and pieces of their conversation to drift toward me- not that I actually listen. Some things are just meant to stay private.