adulthood, #6

as jihoon instructed chan to stitch the patient up, he left the operating theatre with his gloves still on. while washing his hands, jihoon noticed that there was a tall figure standing beside him.

"are you looking for me?" he asked, still washing his hands.

"yeah," a familiar voice scared him, causing jihoon to jump and instinctively hurl a handful of water onto soonyoung's face.

"oh my god, i'm so sorry," flustered, the shorter immediately grabbed some tissues from the dispenser and wiped the water from the taller's face.

while jihoon was still cleaning up the mess he made, soonyoung chuckled loudly and let jihoon continue to wipe his face until it was dry.

"are you free after this?" soonyoung questioned, even though he had already went through jihoon's schduele for the day and knew he had no more upcoming surgeries for the day.

the younger threw away the tissues into the bin, nodding his head. "but i'm busy at night, out with seungkwan and seungcheol hyung."

"okay then, let's go," soonyoung flashed a bright smile at jihoon before dragging him to the lockers area to get changed.

--

walking through the crowd of people, jihoon's eyesight was currently hindered by soonyoung's hands. to be very honest, the male knew his sense of direction very well in this area but he just bit his lip to prevent his laughter from spilling out and spoiling soonyoung's plans.

they finally came to a stop infront of jihoon's favourite candy store. call him childish but this shop was one of the few places that still resembled the shops that existed when jihoon was still a child.

soonyoung pulled the younger into the shop and got jihoon a brown paper bag which was already heavy with sweets. as jihoon proceeded to open the bag, the elder immediately stopped him and told him to open it later.

--

after that, soonyoung had guided jihoon to a pizzeria. pizza was absolutely jihoon's favourite. as the younger tucked into the huge slices of pepperoni pizza and hawaiian pizza at the same time, soonyoung smiled fondly at the sight infront of him.

suddenly, the lights were switched off and jihoon was startled. "soony-" he called out for the taller's name, before getting interrupted.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to jihoonie. happy birthday to you!" soonyoung's voice could be heard as he appeared carrying a chocolate cake with two big candles and a small one beside them.

seeing that, jihoon broke into a huge grin. when soonyoung set down the cake onto the table top, jihoon immediately engulfed the taller in a warm embrace.

"thank you," jihoon's voice was muffled as he spoke into soonyoung's chest. soonyoung's arms were in return wrapped around jihoon's waist as he rested his head on jihoon's.

--

after the birthday celebration with soonyoung, jihoon was escorted to a barbeque place with seungkwan and seungcheol where he had his birthday dinner.

exhausted, jihoon plopped himself onto the bed and hurled his bag onto the floor. when his bag had hit the floor, the contents in it spilled out and jihoon's eyes looked at a familiar brown packaging he had received earlier in the day.

approaching the bag and opening it, expecting to be greeted with random candies, jihoon looked at the sugar-coated heart candies in the bag.

the male then noticed each candy had a letter on them and a number. pouring the candies out on a plate, jihoon arranged the candies according to numerical order.

the first candy had the letter 'w'.

when jihoon was finally done, an hour had passed and the glory of twenty candies greeted him in the mess of sugar.

'will you be my boyfriend?'