Homecoming (Heather x Alejandro)

"Heather!"

Heather could hear her name being called, but didn't turn around. She kept walking, pretending not to notice.

It's not like she was playing hard to get or anything... she just, uh, wanted to keep to herself.

"Heather I know you can hear me chica!"

"WHAT!?" She screamed as she turned around, forcing frustration. She saw Alejandro strutting towards her looking pleased that he got her attention

"What Alejandro?" she spat, emphasizing his name in fake disgust.

He ran his hand through his hair dreamily.

"I wanted to know if you'd do me the honour of going to homecoming with me?"

YEs yes YES YESSSSSSSSs

"Eh, sure. I could do worse"

Alejandro smiled. And boy when he smiled, he could light a candle.

"I'm glad to hear it," he mused "I will pick you tonight in front of your house at 6 o'clock sharp. I know you will dazzle me mi amor"

He lifted Heather's chin as he said it, making her blush.

"Yeah, sure," she said, trying to sound casual, "see you tonight"

-----------------------------------------------

It was 5:20 and Heather was modelling her dress for Sierra. Sierra had her spin around seemingly a hundred times, pose, and bend over while she examined Heather's dark green dress. She had it tailored so that it would poof out when she span around. Heather felt gorgeous and regal.

While Sierra changed into her dress, Heather sat at her armoire and patted her face down with powder. She carefully applied eyeshadow that matched her dress. When she turned around, she saw Sierra spinning around in her purple dress playfully.

"Beautiful, Sierra" she said "Is Cody picking you up?"

"Oh I'm not going with Cody," Sierra countered "I'm going with Trent"

Heather raised her eyebrow "Trent?"

"Yeah! Turns out Cody is going with Noah, so Trent asked me and I said yes!"

"Interesting. Well, is Trent picking you up?"

"Yeah, he'll be here soon" she said.

"Lovely"

-------------------------------------------

Ding Dong

"I got it!" Heather screamed as she ran down the stairs, holding up the bottom of her dress so she wouldn't trip. She swung open the door to see Alejandro decked out in a perfectly ironed suit, holding a corsage in his strong hands.

"Mi amor, eres bonita como una noche estrellada" he mused as he bent over to kiss her pale hand. He stood up, slipping the corsage over her wrist, and gently held her hand in his.

Alejandro escorted a blushing Heather to his black, shiny car. He helped her in, got in the driver's seat, and pulled into the road, cruising all the way to the high school where the homecoming dance was being held. He parked his car into the parking lot and helped Heather out of the car. She watched him slip his keys into his pocket, and hold out his arm for her to take. She obliged and gingerly slipped her arm around his strong, muscular one.

Once the pair had paid admission and entered the gym, Heather squinted her eyes to avoid the strobe lights from blinding her. There was a mass of dancers in the center of the gym, mostly guys bouncing up and down, running into each other, and their dates swaying a little, watching the boys mob each other. Alejandro shed his jacket and sat at a table that Trent, Noah, Cody, Tyler, and Justin were talking at. Sierra, Lindsay, Beth, Katie, and Sadie were out on the dance floor gossiping away.

"Heather, what would you like to do?"

Heather looked at the guys that were debating about hockey teams. Yeah, no.

She looked at the girls drinking punch and giggling. The only one of those she truly could tolerate was Sierra, so that wasn't happening either.

"I'm just going to sit down," she replied, "These heels are killing me already"

She sat down at the round table across from the guys. To her surprise, Alejandro sat beside her, putting his arm around her shoulders. Heather could feel her face getting hot.

"What are you doing? Aren't you gonna go man-tasize with the dudes over there about sports?"

Alejandro chuckled and flashed her a gorgeous smile.

"The only thing I want to 'man-tasize' about is you, mi amor"

He is not making it easy for me to play hard to get

Heather though as she watched Geoff spin Bridgette round and round to the poppy beat. Duncan was standing with his arms crossed in the corner chatting with Courtney who was doing the same thing. Neither seemed like they wanted to be here, but Heather knew they only came so they could spend time together.

After a whole bunch of hip hop songs had played through, a slow waltz came on the stereo, and all the couples were out on the floor hand-in-hand, dancing away.

Alejandro stood up and offered his hand to Heather.

"May I have this dance?"

"You may" she imitated back. The two placed themselves on the outside of the dance floor, swaying in perfect time. Heather glanced up to Alejandro's perfect, tan face, and stared through his mesmerizing, green eyes.

She gave in. She couldn't deny herself the pleasure of falling in love with Alejandro Burromuerto any longer.

"I love you" she whispered.

"I love you too" she heard him say. They smiled at each other, closed their eyes, and melted into each other.