Chapter Nineteen

Percy POV

After Artemis and I had separated I walked through the camp to get the mood of the fighters. Some seemed eager, they were the ones who have yet to be in a battle while the others seemed to be solemn, know what comes next. I understood both feelings as I had experienced both many times before.

My emotions have been uneasy lately and I don't know why, I can feel them bubbling up inside of me but I keep the repressed out of safety. If I let them go, they could harm everyone here if they were negative. Should they be positive then they could still put me in harms way, as I have a tendency to do reckless things for those around me. I stopped on top of the hill I normally train under and looked back at camp. Everything seemed so grey and emotionless. "You know that's what your aura looks like to someone who can read it? It looks conflicted." I jumped and pulled sun and moon from their sheathes. I sighed a sigh of relief and put them back, seeing as it was only Poseidon.

"Is that so?" I asked him, looking back at camp.

"It is. You do know that there are those that care for you right?" He said to me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged it off. "I know, but I can not allow myself to care," I replied back to him, facing him now.

"Why? Out of fear that you'll be hurt again?" He said to me.

"You're partially right," I said to him. "When I was first hurt I had no power to cause any significant damage. Now that I do however, if I were to be hurt then I could wipe Earth and it's history away with the swipe of my hand, just as our enemy can," I explained.

"I don't believe that you'd do that though. You have a good heart Percy," he pleaded to me. "Just let it open up."

"Why do you care so much?" I asked him looking him in the eye.

"Because I am your father," he said. Something didn't seem right though. He looked a little to the left when he said that.

"Maybe, but there's more. What aren't you telling me?" I asked him seriously.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," he defended.

"No, there is definitely something," I said pointing at him.

"Just know that should you ever be ready for love, there is always someone ready to give it," he said with a crooked smirk before disappearing in sea mist.

"Styx, more drama in the middle of a war. Thanks Ananke," I said walking back to camp. This is going to be a pain in my ass for sure.

Artemis POV

I stood in front of the cabin unsure how to go about this. I wanted advice sure, but I don't know if I wanted it from her. What if she manipulates me on purpose? What if she advises me to go against my vows? I took a deep breath and said screw it, I can't learn anything without trying. I walked up to the door and knocked on it three times waiting for an answer. After a moment of shuffling around the door opened and there stood the bitch herself. "Aphrodite," I said calmly.

"Artemi-," she began before she suddenly stopped.

"What?" I asked, thinking there was something wrong.

"No way," she said with her mouth open.

"What?!" I asked this time, looking for an answer.

"You finally did it didn't you," she said to me surprised with a smile.

"Did what?!" I asked, thinking the worst.