Prologue ✿ The Dream

PROLOGUE ✿

PROLOGUE

The Dream

✿ ✿ ✿

A soft wisp of wind passed through the tall, blossom-spotted grass, and a blonde head could be seen nestled in nature's gentle embrace. The curve of her hip appeared outlined in white as the fair-haired girl laid comfortably in the elysian-esque field. Her chest moved with slow, smooth breaths, and sleepy eyes gazed out at the endless plain spanning out before her.

'Why am I still here?' she questioned, neither internally nor aloud, and reached to wipe away the bleariness clouding her sight. When the wind remained wordless, she sighed. Ironically, she found no slumber in this world of grass and sky, so she was left to flounder in her own thoughts - awake, in a way. 

    Despite its beauty, the world held a thrum of uncertainty, like a newborn child looking wide-eyed at a place where they lacked all of the experience. The girl in the field wondered why she had gone months with dreamless sleep, only now to return to her nightly visions. Why now? Why now had her mind put her here?

    Her questions were unknowingly answered when a sudden zephyr came in from above, bringing an unnaturally strong breeze through the span of flowering grass. The air whistled not menacingly, but in a manner of warning through her ears. The sky darkened somberly, casting shadows on the pretty world of color. A little shape came curling up through the space above, tossed about by the wind.

    With a swift breath, she stood with a swaying motion, like a lilting flower bending in a storm's breeze. She whirled to face the flying shape, reaching out quickly with soft pale hands to catch it as the object swooped low near her head. Her fingers latched onto the thing and brought it down safely near her chest - it was a worn, wide-brimmed black hat. She stared at it confusedly, brows furrowed slightly, then felt a strangled gasp release from her lips as she turn back to the sky.

    She had no time to do anything but grip the hat tightly as a writhing mass of dust, warping into images, faces and blackened shadows, descended from the sky.

✿ ✿ ✿

    The girl's blonde head jolted up from the stack of fluffed pillows, sucking in a breath that tore at her throat. Lungs heaving, she quickly blew out air in both annoyance and relief, and she brought a hand to gently trace the moisture that had beaded onto her forehead.

    She straightened herself beneath the thin sheets, murmuring a hoarse, "Just another dream," to herself in the darkness of her bedroom. Though, she frowned vaguely for just a moment as the images surfaced and replayed faintly in her mind.

    She flicked her eyes over to a desk situated only a few meters away, just barely outlined by the moonlight filtering in through paper-thin curtains. A typewriter sat there, egging her on to use it just once more upon waking in the wee hours of the morning.

    The girl sighed defeatedly as she gave into the temptation, yawned, and groggily ambled out of bed, her soft fingers readying themselves for the keys before the vision became an echo she may never recall.

✿ ✿ ✿

YO YO YO ELLO MY LOVELIES, GUESS WHO'S RETURNED FROM THEIR UNANNOUNCED HIATUS TO REWRITE THIS CRUDDY STORY

*finger guns towards self *

Anyways, like I said in my author's note after Chapter Ten, I will be rewriting all current chapters to this story - though I WILL BE LEAVING ALL UNEDITED CHAPTERS UP UNDERNEATH ***'s. Any chapters with ***'s will obviously be different than the updated chapters and lack added plot/character details and certain events (I would take them down but I don't want to lose potential reads :') ), so PLEASE remember that!

Have a lovely day or night, and I'll see you all in the updated Chapter One !!! :)