V

V

Înger was shocked to say at least, Vlad ordered her to shine his weapon. After their little chat, the mood suddenly became tense, so tense that the prince have to leave the room. So here she is dusting books and shinning weapons.

The room was dark and quiet, large curtains covered all the windows and nobody even think to make a sound because the prince has a bad temper, and the slightest of sound might angered him.

It feels like a graveyard in here" She muttered quietly. It was starting to depress her a little. She scan the room for any sign of movement, none. She slowly walk towards the windows, slowly sliding the curtains, the bright lights burned her eyes a bit. It took a while for her eyes to adjust but it was worth it.

The view was spectacular, beautiful blue sky, lush greenery and the lake was crystal clear. She was speechless, she couldn't believe that this was the prince's backyard. She thought it was filled with dead people.

"Goodness gracious! Why did you open the curtains!" An old woman exclaimed. Running towards the window, she close it with a huff before facing towards the brunette.

"The prince doesn't like opening them" She stated. Înger blinked twice before maintaining her composure.

"It was too dark and it feels depressing" Înger said.

"His highness likes it that way" The old woman said, she grab Înger's forearm and drag her out of the room.

"Why not get him a coffin to finish it"

The old woman sight heavily before releasing the brunette's forearm. "Who exactly are you?" She asked.

"My name is-Înger was cut off when a smooth baritone came behind them.

" Her name is Înger and my personal servant" Vlad stated.

"If that is all you may leave us Edith" Vlad glared at the old woman.

The old woman was shaking in fear, she bowed before scurrying off. The prince then turn his attention to the brunette.

"Care to explain what happened?" Vlad asked.

"Well, I tried to open the curtains" Înger slowly said.

"And why would you do that?" Vlad narrowed his eyes on her. His demeanor suddenly turned dark.

"I mean look at this place! It's like a graveyard, I can barely see anything in this dark room and the silence is deafening!" Înger exclaimed making the prince caught off guard.

She suddenly went silent, the prince has a bewildered expression. She sight "That is all I have to say, you can kill me now" Înger bowed.

It took a moment for the prince to analyze everything the brunette said. He shake his head letting out a deep chuckle. She's different, even his first wife never made him laugh like that before.

"You intrigue me" He smirk.

"You are know in charge of cleaning the castle" Vlad ordered, opening the door to his study.

"But that will take years!" She whined.

"My castle needs to be clean before sunset"

"Why is that?" Înger asked.

"I will be leaving tonight, enemies are going to attack and I need to be prepared" He said before closing the door to his study.

Înger stood there dumbfounded. A sight escape her lips, this is the hundred time today. It's going to be a long exhausting day. She huff before searching for cleaning materials.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It was exhausting, Înger made the castle alive again in her perspective she turned the gloomy, depressing castle into a lively and bright castle.
With the help of the other servants, it made her job less tiring than before.

The sun was starting to set, she retires to her chamber. She sat in her stretching her sore limbs, She let out a load yawn, untying the ribbon that tied her hair, letting it fall into its natural waves.

She took her off  the clothes she wore when the door opened. Vlad stepped inside, Înger hurriedly grab a blanket to wrap herself with.

"You're majesty, do you ever knock?" She hissed.

"This is my castle why would I knock?" Vlad smirked.

"I'm here to inform you I will be leaving and I will return before dawn breaks" He stated. He slowly walks in front of her. He cupped her cheek, slowly stroking it.

"Let your hair down often, it suits you" He mumbled before pecking Înger on cheek.

Before Înger could react, Vlad already left the room. She stood there for a moment, shock and confuse.

"What just happened?" Înger's face suddenly turned red.