Chapter Four: No One's a Saint

"Bella? Bella what's wrong?" Hades asked as he half jogged just to keep up with her pace.

"Nothing," she responded as she continued to walk toward the bus stop.

"Bella, what's wrong."

"Nothing," she repeated.

"OK, well, I know that something is wrong, so saying 'nothing' is a lie.  If you don't want to talk about it, just say that."

"Fine!" Bella yelled, turning to Hades.  "Then I don't want to talk about it! I thought that was obvious!"

"Then we won't talk about it.  Where are we going?"

"We aren't going anywhere.  I'm going somewhere to be alone."

Hades shook his head and held up the boxes he was holding.  "No, we were supposed to have lunch together today.  We've already been putting it off for weeks so we're having lunch.  If you want to sit quietly while we eat or throw things or scream or whatever you do to feel better, feel free."

"You are probably the absolute most annoying person I've ever met."

"Good," he sighed.  "At least I'm memorable."

Bella stood at the bus stop, her arms crossed as she tried desperately to hold onto her anger so that it didn't turn into something else.  Sadness or stress wouldn't really help her situation, and acceptance would only mean she'd start talking to Hades about it.  She didn't really see a problem with that, but at the moment, she really just wanted to be angry.

She got onto the bus and almost screamed for everyone else to exit, but was interrupted by Hades' voice.  "Thank you," he said to the bus driver before ushering Bella to an open seat.  Then he began making small talk with everyone around them.  Bella quickly became annoyed with this and decided to focus instead on the snow that had once again begun to fall outside.  It had stopped and most of it hadn't stuck, but now it had begun again and it annoyed her.

Bella subtly used her powers to move snowflakes outside the bus.  She watched them dance and found the fact that they weren't hitting the ground to be relaxing.  She hated having to trudge through the snow, so she hated winter.  She wouldn't even still live in the town except that it's where her dream college was.

She heard the voice on the bus announce her stop and she immediately pulled the cord.  She then stood and walked to the door as she waited for the bus to stop.  "That was the stop!" she practically screamed at the poor bus driver who'd accidentally passed her stop.

"What she meant to say was: you passed our stop," Hades said.  The bus driver stopped the bus and pulled over.  "Thank you.  We didn't mean to be rude."

The bus driver smiled at them as Bella glared back and Hades simply gave a sorrowful look.  Hades followed Bella without saying a word.  She walked down the street and up the hill toward a hiking trail, veered off the trail a bit when they'd finally arrived.  He still didn't question anything as they made their way to the top.

She took a deep breath and collapsed on the ground when she finally made it to the top.  She laid down as she used her powers to pick up a large chunk of earth and threw it.  She listened for the satisfying sound of it hitting the telekinetic wall she'd put up and smiled when she finally heard it.

"Don't care if anyone sees?" Hades asked.

"No one comes up here anymore," Bella responded.  "And besides, I made sure no one could come up here."  She picked up an even larger chunk of earth and threw it, her smile even larger when she heard the almost thunderous sound it made when it contacted the wall.