Chapter 2

Naruto's POV
I pushed the door to the meeting room open, "tou-saaaaan," I shouted, "how could you place me on the same team as Kaka-baka." I looked around to find most of the clan heads and all the council members sitting in the room, "oh. Did I interrupt something?"

A clan head, the Yamanaka to be exact, chuckled, "kaka-baka," he said to himself. It was low and most of the people present in the room didn't hear, but I did.

"I know, right," I said to him, "tou-san invented that nickname for him."

"Actually," tou-san said from his desk, "you did interrupt something. And I'm sure you know that."

"Why is Kaka-baka my team leader?" I demanded.

"Shouldn't there be a barrier around the room?" A council man, Shimura Danzo, asked.

Tou-san opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it, "oh, there was," I said, "but I broke it." I smiled then quickly added, "but don't worry, I kept the sound barrier."

Danzo looked at tou-san, "the barrier should be strong so people like your son," I had no idea why he emphasized on this word, "try to break in."

Tou-san opened his mouth to reply but, again, I beat him to it, "oh, yes," I said, "it was strong. Took me some time, but I did it in the end."

Some people in the room eyed me suspiciously. "Enough, Naruto! We were discussing something important, so leave." Tou-san said.

"Important? I wanna discuss it too!"

"Of course not! Now leave!"

I pouted, "why not?"

"You're still a genin, for kami's sake."

I grinned, "am I?"

"Officially," he added then shook his head, "but that's beside the point."

"I bet you were talking about the organization," I said, facing everyone, my face serious, "the one who attempted to kidnap the one-tail jinchuuriki and kidnapped the second-tail jinchuuriki too. But you shouldn't worry. Nobody's taking me." I paused, "if you want to know my opinion, which you don't, I think this organization is related to Uchiha Madara, who is also related to the kyuubi attack. Just a theory," I added at the end. I raised a finger before anybody said anything, "how I know this doesn't matter. I'll be leaving now." I walked towards the door and opened it, I paused before closing it and looked back, "oh and tou-san, I still didn't forget about Kaka-baka." I shut the door with a smile then remembered something, I opened the door and poked my head in, "and that is what you call a dramatic exit," I stopped before closing the door, almost laughing at the looks on their faces, "oh, don't worry, I'm not telling," I paused, "even though I'm an Uchiha." Tou-san raised a brow. "That last part was mainly to Danzo, since he hates Uchihas and doesn't trust them." I looked at him, "which is pretty weird and funny if you ask me, considering his very leader is an Uchiha." I laughed, "oops, sorry Danzo, your little secret is out." Most of them were giving me weird looks, "okay, okay, I'm leaving." I shut the door and walked away proudly.

"I'm in deep trouble~" I said in a sing-song tone. "I should put those files back before anyone finds out they were ever missing." I grinned to myself as I raised one hand and did a hand seal, vanishing in thin air.

     •••

I was humming to myself as I made clones of the papers and scrolls I 'borrowed' from tou-san so that I can copy them down later.

"Naruto, dinner's ready!" Kaa-san called.

"Hai, hai!" I quickly finished what I was doing and hid the clone documents. Then I took out a scroll and sealed the real documents in it. I put it in my weapon pouch and ran out of my room to the kitchen. "Eh!! Tou-san, you decided to join us today?!"

   He nodded but seemed to be distracted by something, which didn't surprise me after what I did today. Kaa-san frowned, "is something wrong?" She asked.

   He quickly shook his head and smiled, "no, nothing's wrong," he looked at me for a moment but his gaze quickly went back to kaa-san, "you shouldn't worry."

   I pursed my lips, yup, deep trouble. I shook my head and looked down at my food, my stomach growled. "Itadakimasu," I quickly wolfed down my food, had seconds and put my plate in the sink. "I'm going out," I said.

   "Where to?" Tou-san asked.

   "To... train... with... with Sasuke," I nodded, "yeah, I'm going to train with Sasuke, bye."

   I ran to my room, took my weopon's pouch and left the house, I knew I should've returned them earlier. And that lie was so obvious! Stupid Naruto!

   I shunshined to the hokage tower. I quickly made my way to the library, making sure nobody saw me. I took a pin out of my weopon's pouch and picked the lock. When I heard the click, I looked around to make sure nobody was there and entered. The door automatically locked itself when I closed it. I took the scroll that had the documents out and unsealed them. I put everything back where it was and made sure there were no chakra signatures around then left as quickly and quietly as I came.

   I was walking through the village streets when tou-san suddenly appeared in front of me, "we need to talk."

   "You don't seem to be in a good mood today," I said as I looked around for the easiest way to get away.

   Tou-san seemed to realize that because he held me by the shoulders, his eyes softened, "I'm just worried about you, Naruto," he said.

   I thought of something to say but found nothing, my face dropped. "I don't wanna die before proving myself to you."

   His eyes widened a bit, "you're not gonna die. And there is nothing to prove."

   "But-" he shunshined us away, probably realizing that I'm gonna say something about Madara.

   He ran a hand through his hair, "listen, Naruto, there's something more important we need to talk about."