Dragon riders and defenders of Berk

ok so i saw how to train your dragon for the first time YES i'm aware the movie is like three years old so what lol and i think i'm obsessed! and i instantly though of eragon after watching it and so this is how this story came about, this is a way different story for me so it may be a little rough around the edges but i'll try really hard to make it good this series will focus on the movies more than the books so some details may be different than they are in the books if you're a fan of the book just keep that in mind as you're reading, PLEASE review i'd really love to hear from you guys, well, i hope you enjoy!

CHAPTER 1

Welcome to Berk! What can I say about the place except that it snows most of the time and when it's not snowing there's hail there used to be occasional dragon fights years ago, but that changed when I kinda sorta accidentally caught a night fury and tamed it, ever since then dragons have become a sort of pet and mascot for Berk. But enough about that, come on in, make yourself at home, because this story is about to change like you've never known.

It was a typical day really it started with the usual morning routine, getting out of bed, making some adjustments to my prosthetic leg oh, and calling my dragon.

“Toothless! Hey toothless!” I called out for my dragon from the steps of my room.

In a matter of seconds toothless landed with a thud in front of me, greeting me in his usual noise, which was sort of a cross between a purr and a growl.

I stroked him behind his ears, he purred in delight.

“Looks like the weather is pretty decent today, how about a ride?” I ask.

He shifts his back towards me and I crawl up into the saddle I'd made for him which had what was like a gear shift that controlled his prosthetic tail which I'd also made for him back when he got caught in a trap I'd made which damaged his tail.

I slid my prosthetic leg into the pedal like contraption and toothless took off.

After a few minutes of drifting through the clouds which despite how many times we've done it, it never got old or lost it's splendor.

We drifted for a few seconds and landed at the edge of the ocean.

I jumped of off Toothless's back and took a fish out of the basket I'd had on my back, tossing it to him.

It wasn't long before Astrid landed next to us on her dragon Stormfly a Deadly Nadder, or, not so deadly I guess.

“Jerk!” she exclaims punching me in the shoulder.

“Ow!” I complained.

“You didn't tell me you were going on a ride.” she replies.

“Sorry.” I whined, rubbing my shoulder vigorously.

“I always love the way the ocean looks at sunrise, it's beautiful isn't it?” she asks.

Ok, pause!

This touchy feely side of Astrid is rare, in fact I wasn't even really sure it existed, she's usually pretty tough and and little rough around the edges, I wonder what her deal is today.

“What's with the touchy feely today?” I ask as I watch Toothless and Stormfly chase after a bird.

“I don't know...” she replies.

Things had been somewhat awkward between us since she'd kissed me a year back after Toothless and I nearly escaped being killed by the red death, a giant dragon that used to occupy the volcano on our island. Oh which by the way is how I ended up losing my leg, ergo why I have a prosthetic.