chapter 6

Kay sat up quietly. Eri was asleep in a chair. Kay walked outside in civilian clothes. Her body burned she kept walking. She went out to one of the 24 hour diners. She ate a really early morning breakfast and went for a walk.

"Should I really take away my parents powers. Hmm I will ask them what they think about their powers." Kay thought. Kay turned into an alley and sat on the ground. She prepared an energy dagger since she felt someone was nearby.

"Zeta?" Eri's voice said. "When did you wake up?" Kay retracted her energy dagger. "It is midnight right now."

"I woke up an hour or so ago. I am just so tired right now."

"So who are you?"

"My love, just take me home. Please?"

"Okay." Eri's voice sounded unsure at first then he walked forward. Kay was laying there her hair was brown.

Eri picked Kay up and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She leaned her head against his chest. She fell asleep. Eri went to the cafeteria and sat on a chair with Kay of his lap. Laura and some of the light warriors came in to make breakfast. Kay suddenly started mumbling "I know, I know I am working on it.... Be patient...." Suddenly Kay jolted awake. She startled her everyone who had no clue that Kay and Eri were there. "I need to find him."

"Who?" Eri asked

"Rafiki. Who else?"

"Ummm."

"Nevermind just ignore me."

"Ummm... are you okay?"

"Yeah I am fine." Kay ripped Starr off. "Stop digging around in my head."

"Kay what are you hiding?" Starr asked.

"An alter ego.... Now leave me alone"

"Zeta is in there?"

"Yeah... but not for long..." Kay whispered.

"What?"

"Nothing." Kay said. She sat at the table. She felt weak. Since Zeta had revealed herself to Kay. "I am not feeling well." Kay murmured. "Whats going on?"

"Well for one I am dying." Zeta said. Kay jumped out of the chair. "As a Nebulous spirit I can can only live in this form for a little over 40 years. Each of your brushes with death are taking years out my time in this form. I will die by tomorrow if I cannot get my powers back. Unfortunately I am bonded with you. That means you will die too." Zeta said.

"Give me time." Kay whispered. She started to cough. Kay covered her mouth. She could feel blood rising through her throat. Kay ran out of the room. She made it barely to her and Eri's bathroom before blood started dripping through her fingers. She leaned over the sink and let the blood drip into the sink. Kay had trouble maintaining her balance as each cough made her body hurt. Kay collapsed. Eri had been waiting outside of the door. When Kay stopped coughing he walked in. Eri lifted Kay and helped bathe her. He put her clothes on and put her on the bed. He then cleaned up the blood in the bathroom. Kay awoke a few minutes later to the dinner bell. "Why are you so quiet? Why does this whole thing not surprise you?"

"You and Zeta are both too weak to activate the telepathy block."

"So you know.... I am not going to take my parents powers." Eri didn't say another word he just helped Kay downstairs. Kay didn't eat breakfast. She wasn't hungry anymore. Kay laid her head down.

"So... Stars, do you like your powers?" Eri asked.

"No. We don't use them and they are too hard to control.... They get worse when Kay is around." The Stars said in unison. It freaked Kay out for a second.