Thanksgiving Rant

We are supposed to be thankful for family and friends on this day, right? Well I'm thankful for a selected few. What is the point in me traveling all the way from my school in Albany to go home, then go to Jersey to go to a family members house that I only see on Thanksgiving when I would much rather be with the family that I always see?? I'll tell you what the point is...it's to please my parents, especially my "loving" father. I know he doesn't like the side of my mom's family that I have grown up with and prefers the I family in Jersey, but I don't give two shits. He can spend it with them and leave me home and pick me up from my aunts house. F*ck thanksgiving. F*ck everything. I'm just done with life and shit. I can't stand people that want to control who I spend my holidays with. If I want to see my cousins and aunts that I know and that know me, then let me. I should have just stayed in Albany and picked up more hours at work and never came home. And my parents know that I am having surgery during Christmas time and that I won't be able to see my true family because I will be stick at home for a couple weeks, so why get mad when I am just trying to pack the car with the food and my bag full of work (that I didn't even get anything done done because they just want to talk shit). Only my true family and friends understand me. Even the girl that I want to call my girlfriend understands me more than most of my family. I'm just done.