Chapter One

I open the curtains to see a fresh beam of sunlight hit my face. My skin starts tingling as the breeze of the brisk windy air starts hitting me as I open the window. I realise that is a big mistake and I quickly shut it before more air comes in. I hear Joe walking down the stairs and I decide to go greet him. I put on a smile and I walk towards the stairs, my slippers screeching against the floorboards. 

"Good morning Gorgeous" Joe says to me with his arms out wide ready for a hug. 

I say good morning back and hug him. We walk into the Living Room. I cosy up in the corner of our sofa with my Christmas jumper, mermaid blanket and unicorn slippers on. Joe walks in from the kitchen with my breakfast in his hand. He cuddles up next to me and I make him watch Elf. 

It's my doctor's appointment today. I've been sick excessively recently and I don't know why. I haven't told Joe yet though. I don't want to worry him and take time out of his day. After Elf is finished, I head upstairs to do my makeup and get ready for the day. Sometime it takes all my energy just to do that.  I manage to get up the stairs. Joe is already dressed. I think he has a feeling that i'm not well but he obviously doesn't want it to be true.

2 HOURS LATER

I get in my car, keys in hand. I put my YSL bag on the seat next to me and place the key into the car. I don't think I really should be driving but if Joe drives me, he will know i'm going to the doctors. I place my feet steadily on the pedal and drive out of our driveway. It takes me a few minutes to get there as it is just around the corner from my house. I park up outside and remember to take my bag out of the car with me. I shut the door quickly but quietly and take slow steps over to the entrance. I wait in the waiting rooms until I finally get called in. My phone buzzes. It's Joe. A member of staff looks over at me, giving me the glare telling me to turn it off. I switch it off, all the thoughts run through my head that something could have happened to him. I place it in my bag and start walking to the Doctor's room. I knock and enter the room. I'm ready for anything. Well, at least I think I am...