Chapter Six

JOE'S POV:

I waited in the waiting room, hands shaking. I couldn't breathe. I didn't want Ana to die. None of us did. Zoe just came back from getting us all some water. There was me, Zoe, Alfie. Ana's Mum and Dad didn't know. I tried calling them but they didn't answer. If Ana dies they are going to blame me for her death. All they need to know is that she loved them and didn't want this to hurt them. Zoe came and sat beside me. It had been 2 hours since they took her into the surgery room. It was a very long operation. Zoe kept saying I should go home and get some rest. But how could I, the love of my life was at a life or death situation. How could I just walk away. I love her. I would do anything to make her stay alive. 

5 HOURS LATER

It had been 7 hours. Still nothing. All I wanted to hear was that she was going to be okay. That's all. It may be just some words coming from their mouth but them words could change my life. I was praying. Alfie left the hospital because he was tired. What an excuse. Zoe was still there but I could see she was exhausted. I thanked her for being there for me and Ana. She said of course, whilst her eyes were slightly shut. 

END OF THE SURGERY 

It had been too many hours, I couldn't count. Probably around 15-20. A doctor came out of the surgery room and I stood up whilst shaking Zoe to wake up. She did and also stood. The doctor said...