Chapter Four

The call said I had to go to Hospital today. It's just a check up I keep saying to myself. You know when you just have that pit in your stomach that doesn't  ever fill up. That was me today. I know I have Joe and all my readers there by me but it doesn't feel like enough. I still hadn't told my Mum or Dad. Zoe saw the blog post though so I didn't get a chance to tell her myself. She texted me the night she saw and said she would support me and come to any appointments that I wanted her to come to, even if she was busy. 

I woke up today, looked to my left and saw Joe sleeping there peacefully and beautifully. I smiled at him even though I knew he couldn't see me. I love him. It was around 5am when I awoke. I couldn't get back to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I eventually climbed out of bed and wrapped my dressing gown around me. I placed my slippers slowly on my feet. Left and then right. I creeped out of the bedroom, down the stairs and to the Living Room. I stood by the closed, curtained window and just stared. I lifted my right hand and pulled the curtain open. I did the same with my left. I pulled up the window and let the wind basically sweep me away. Rain started pouring. Drip. Drop. I closed the window before any rain could come into the room and then switched on the Television. I changed it to my recording of I'm a Celeb. I made myself comfy on the Sofa with the blanket wrapped round me. I felt cocooned. 

3 HOURS LATER

Joe finally woke up at 8am. He realised I wasn't beside him and knew where to look. Every morning, I wake up before Joe and come downstairs to watch something to leave Joe at peace upstairs.

"Good Morning, my beautiful Ana, I love you!" Joe quietly shouts as he opens the door to come and greet me. 

I just layed her. No thought in the world. Actually, every thought in the world. He knew something was up and came to cuddle me. I opened my arms, but not very wide and leaned in for a hug. Joe's hugs are always the best. They make you feel so comfortable and loved. He wraps his hands around your waist. Grips you tight and kisses you softly on the cheek and neck several times. He whispers in my ear that he loves me and I grin. He looks at me, grabs my quite chubby face and kisses me on the lips. 

1 HOUR LATER

Me and Joe are ready to go to the Hospital. When we are walking towards the door, he grabs hold of my hand so tightly I felt like it was going to explode. I bring out my hand to twist the door handle. I open it softly and we step outside the house. I climb into my side of the car and Joe gets in his. He is driving today as I obviously don't have the energy or stability to. 

We arrive at the Hospital after around 20 minutes. I wasn't ready to get greeted by Zoe and Alfie standing at the doorway, ready for us to arrive. I hug Zoe and Alfie and we all walk to reception together. I ask where I should go and give them my name. They tell me I should wait at the waiting room until I get called in just like the doctors. It takes a really long time to finally get called in. I get told I can only bring in one person in. I chose Joe. I wanted Zoe as well but Joe is my boy friend and I knew that whatever news I get, I would get a Joe hug. 

I stepped about 1 second at a time for each foot until I reached the room. Here we go...