Chapter Three

After the Latin exams, Mr. Brunner called me over.

"Remember to come to my classroom after all your exams.  And make sure you bring Grover," he whispered to me quietly, so that the other students wouldn't hear.

Yes sir, I signed to him.

"You can go, Percy," Mr. Brunner said.

Thank you sir.

I walked out of the room to my next class.

I sat down in my seat next to Grover.  I felt sad when Grover subconsciously scooted away from me.  I knew that I had scared him, but I assumed that he wouldn't be scared of me- well, not this much anyway.

Mr. Brunner wants us to go to his classroom after the exams are done, I signed to him.  He nodded and smiled weakly.

"Okay," he said.

(~I'm just a harmless little Time Skip!~)

Grover and I entered Mr. Brunner's classroom.

We sat at two desks in the front near his desk.  Mr. Brunner was already sitting behind his desk in his wheelchair.

He put a paper on both of our desks.

"I know of a summer camp that you two can go to.  I need you both to sign the paper."

Grover didn't look surprised.

To be honest, I didn't know whether or not I was surprised.  I just read the paper.

Mr. P Jackson,

We have noticed your high grades and wish to welcome you to Camp Half Blood for the summer.

Please sign if you wish to come:______________

I winced as I saw my last name and memories shot through my head.

I signed the paper.  I glanced at Grover to see that he had signed the paper.

Mr. Brunner collected them and put them in a folder.

"Grover already goes to the camp in the summers," Mr. Brunner said.  "He can bring you there."

Okay, I signed.

After a while of discussing what needed to be discussed, we left Mr. Brunner's classroom.

(~Hi! It's the harmless Time Skip again!~)

I snook outside after Grover was asleep.  I walked around outside until I came to a bench, which I, predictably, sat on.  But I heard a rustling somewhere to my right.  I looked in that direction.  I stood up again.  I heard a sound- a whimper from the bushes.  I walked towards the sound.

I kneeled in front of the bush that it was coming from and pushed apart the leaves and thin branches.  I felt my hands bleed and I realized that the bush had thorns.

Not that I cared about the pain.  It wasn't that bad anyway.

I pushed the branches and leaves to the sides wider and saw the source of the whimpering.

I saw a small face.  It had brown eyes and black fur; it was a puppy.

I put my hand out and he sniffed it with his tiny, black, wet nose.  Then he licked it with his small, pink tongue.

I pulled my hand away a few minutes later.  I wasn't going to leave him in a thorny bush, so I spread apart the branches some more.  I picked up the puppy and out of the bush.

When I took him out, I realized that his front legs from the knees down were white with black specks.

I walked back to the bench and got to work on getting the thorns out of the small puppy's fur.

(~Hello! It's the Time Skip again!~)

I looked into the puppies big brown eyes.  I wanted to keep him, but the hospital didn't allow pets.

Maybe the summer camp does.  Maybe I'll ask Mr. Brunner.

I had the puppy in my lap and patted his head.  I put him on the ground but he didn't move.  He turned and stared at me.

I waved my hands so that he would leave but he didn't.  I sighed when he looked up at me innocently.  I knew then that I wouldn't leave him to fend for himself.  I picked him back up and snook into the hospital, making sure no one saw me.  I sat at the desk like I do most nights and placed him in my lap. He curled up and I gently petted him absentmindedly.  The puppy was soon fast asleep in my lap.

I smiled at the dog.  I reached into my desk and took out the book I've been reading.  I started to read it and before I knew it, the sun was rising.

Yes, that is what my dog looked like, just he wasn't a puppy and was a big dog when I knew him. I may not have done a good job explaining what he looked like, but I'll give a better explanation if you want one. I might even put a picture on this chapter eventually or something.