Chapter Seven

(A/N
Idk how good this is.  It was like 2 AM when I finished this, so the ending is... how it is.  It's probably complete sh!t but I tried.  Please give feedback, also I do have a plan to make up for the whole but-didn't-Hades-kidnap-Grover plot hole some of you may have noticed already. . .
Anyway, hopefully I'll start updating more often again now that I did this.)

Chiron came to the Hermes cabin the next morning and told me to follow him. I did, carrying all of my stuff.  He moved me to the Poseidon cabin.

I stopped at the door and looked at him.

"You are going to be staying in here," Chiron said.

But didn't both Poseidon and Hades claim me, or some other confusing thing like that?

"Yes," Chiron said. "I'd let you choose one, but Hades doesn't have a cabin."

I wanted to say something along the lines of yeah, no, I'm staying in the Hermes cabin, or that's stupid.

Instead, I just nodded and walked into the cabin.  I put all my stuff on the bed.  Over the next couple of days, I got to do pretty much anything I wanted.  I could put anything wherever I wanted it, I could do whatever activities I wanted, go to sleep (or not) whenever I chose to, and pretty much be free...

Still, in the Hermes cabin, even though they often stole things from each other and pranked each other or sat around waiting to be claimed, it was always a kind of family, whether they were really a child of Hermes or just an unclaimed kid. In fact, just about all of Camp seemed like that. One big family.  And just like any family, the members occassionally try to injure or kill each other.

And just as I had began to feel accepted into this weird family, I was claimed by both Poseidon and Hades. This unusual occurrence made me the odd one out in a camp of half gods.

Now I'm the outcast that every family has.

No one mentioned it, at least not to me. They barely talked to me at all anymore; in fact, most seemed to be avoiding me. But I got the feeling they were talking about it behind my back.

Cabin Eleven was wary about sword class with me after the Ares kids thing during Capture the Flag, so I decided to start training one-on-one with Luke, who pushed me harder than ever.  I still talked to the Hermes cabin, occassionally, but the conversation tended to be slightly tense.  I was used to that.  I could handle it.  My school was a mental hospital, after all.

"You're going to need all the training you can get," he promised. "Now let's try that viper-beheading strike again. Fifty more reputations."

Annabeth taught me Ancient Greek in the mornings still, but she also acted differently. Clarisse clearly wanted to kill me still because of her spear, but kept her distance. I wished she wouldn't.

Hi, I'm a pretty little line break (:-D)

One night (or more like 5:00 in the morning), I came into the Poseidon cabin and found a mortal newspaper in there. It was a copy of the New York Daily News. It took me almost an hour to read, because because the angrier I got, the worse my dyslexia seemed to get.

TWO BOYS STILL MISSING UNDER MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES
BY EILEEN SMYTHE

Pᴇʀꜱᴇᴜꜱ Jᴀᴄᴋꜱᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ Gʀᴏᴠᴇʀ Uɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴏᴏᴅ ᴀʀᴇ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪɴɢ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴍʏꜱᴛᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴅɪꜱᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ. Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ ʜᴀᴅ ꜱɪɢɴᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴄᴀᴍᴘ ғᴏʀ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ ᴇᴅᴜᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʜɪɢʜ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴀᴠᴇʀᴀɢᴇ ꜱᴄᴏʀᴇꜱ. Tʜɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅɪꜱᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ.  Tʜᴇɪʀ ꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ʜᴀꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴇᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴀɴʏ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ.
     Lᴀꜱᴛ Sᴀᴛᴜʀᴅᴀʏ, ꜱɪɢɴꜱ ᴏғ ᴀ ꜱᴛʀᴜɢɢʟᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘᴀᴡ ᴘʀɪɴᴛꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʀɢᴇʀ, ᴜɴɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪғɪᴀʙʟᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴋꜱ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ᴛʀᴀᴄᴇꜱ ᴏғ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴏɴ ᴀ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ɴᴇᴀʀʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ. Oᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏ ꜱɪɢɴꜱ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇᴍ. Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɴᴇᴀʀʙʏ ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ ꜱᴇᴇɪɴɢ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴜꜱᴜᴀʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴛɪᴍᴇ.
    Pᴇʀᴄʏ Jᴀᴄᴋꜱᴏɴ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏʟᴅ ʙᴏʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟɪɴɢ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴀꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴄʟᴀɪᴍᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇɴᴅᴇɴᴄɪᴇꜱ.
     Pᴏʟɪᴄᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ꜱᴀʏ ᴡʜᴇᴛʜᴇʀ Pᴇʀᴄʏ ɪꜱ ᴀ ꜱᴜꜱᴘᴇᴄᴛ ɪɴ ʜɪꜱ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ'ꜱ ᴅɪꜱᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴜʟᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏᴜʟ ᴘʟᴀʏ.  Bᴇʟᴏᴡ ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴇᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇꜱ ᴏғ Pᴇʀᴄʏ Jᴀᴄᴋꜱᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ Gʀᴏᴠᴇʀ Uɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴏᴏᴅ.  Pᴏʟɪᴄᴇ ᴜʀɢᴇ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴛᴏʟʟ-ғʀᴇᴇ ᴄʀɪᴍᴇ-ꜱᴛᴏᴘᴘᴇʀꜱ ʜᴏᴛʟɪɴᴇ.