5 years later

" What do you think of this website?" Said Duck, my best friend since I can remember, feet on my kitchen table, a beer in one hand, handing me his Macbook with the other.

"Stop talking about work, man" complained Mia, another one of my best friends, her legs resting on his chair, kicking him.  In fact, we had all came back from a long night at the office, still in our formal, expensive, professional clothes.  To be fair, it didn't suite us at all.  Finally, Jackson was next to me, laughing at us all.  We've hoked up a couple of times these past years, but hey, we're all good.  

"Can't believe you're going back to Paris tomorrow" She threw at me, cutting the happy mood drastically. 

"Yeah, but I'm not staying as long this time.  One day, purely business."

"You came back real fast last time" Said Jack, throwing me a weird look

"Yeah, well, I didn't want to stay any longer.  Paris is boring, guys" I didn't tell them anything about him.  I told them I've met them all, and they saw pictures of me in the guys' cars.  But they don't know about anything.  I don't think anyone except for.. well me, him and David.  Actually, I didn't even tell them how close I was to David. 

Speaking of David, we continued talking for the next year after my return, but it slowly faded to a simple 'happy birthday' and 'Merry Christmas' present from each other.  I always ordered a big breakfast for him, and he always got me a couple of flowers. It got mechanical.  

And for Him, well I haven't talked to him again.  But I still think of him sometimes, and I would never wish to forget what happened and what we had.  

And I followed them both through social media.  I mean, paparazzis follow them both, and the news inform me enough.  

"Anyways bitches, I'm going home" said  Mia, getting up, kissing us all on the cheeks.  

"Same, I'm out" Duck yelled, doing the same, followed by Jackson. 

"Okay guys, I'll see you Thursday"

"Take care, don't die" Said Ducky, and  they all went through that door, leaving me alone to get  into bed.  I was exhausted, but I couldn't wait.  I couldn't wait to see Davi.  Do I want to see him? Will I even see him? Lets hope he still lives there. 

*Next Day*

"Bienvenue A Paris!" read the sign as I got out of the plain, breathing the french air once again.  I took a cab to my hotel, admiring the beautiful scenery I had actually missed for all these years.  It's Wednesday, they don't have training today. I dropped my luggage, changed in something more comfortable, freshened up, and got out on the streets of Paris.  It's warm outside, July Paris is sunny and beautiful.  I called a cab up and  gave him the address for my old apartment.  As I got out, I couldn't help nostalgia from kicking in.  I walked up to the door, hoping the password for getting in the building hadn't changed.  I put the numbers in, and the door unlocked for me.  Oh shit, it's happening.  I started walking up the stairs.  Flight 1, Flight 2, Flight 3.  His door is in front of me.  Should I? Maybe I should just leave now, he has other stuff to do, I can't just bump back into his life like that. Fuck it, I'm only here for one day, I'm not going to miss the occasion of seeing this person I have missed so much.  I walked up.  Knock 1, knock 2, knock 3.  I heard his footsteps, then the door unlocking.  holy shit, I can only hear my heart beating way too fast.