~3~ I'm Not After Him, I'm After His Ramen

I'm Not After Him, I'm After His Ramen (Chapter Three)

Chloes' POV: 

"Chloe, darling" 

"Chloe, get over here," said the person, laughing as they called me over.

Dazed, I turned my head to see a happy young couple chasing after a little girl about three years old. They ran after her as she fell into the water half-screaming and half-laughing. They enthusiastically followed her into the water, splashing each other playfully. I wistfully looked on with a smile on my face that grew with my longing to join them.

What a lucky kid.

I watched as the child swam further into the sea, laughing and chasing small fishes as they swam away from her so quickly that she would have to find a new school to follow. Her parents were back at the shallow end, holding hands, smiling, you could sense the happiness that they shared in their own little bubble.

My eyes looked away, as if I were portruding into their lives like a little stalker. The though made my cheeks red and my face hot.

"Chloe! Chloe where are you!" The intense pitch of desperation made me whip my head back up and dart from the mother and father, screaming frantically in random directions on the beach. Their voices alerted all of the beachgoers who flicked their heads towards the parents, looks of concern occupying their faces. 

I turned back to an empty spot in the sea, it was the last place I saw the girl. I stood up, I wanted to yell out to them that she was in the water, but my voice didn't seem to come out. Suddenly I saw the father jump into the water noticing a tuft of hair far into the ocean, too far away from him. Fighting all the factors he started on a freestyle that would rival the torrid blue shark after his prey. I could see the salt stinging his eyes that he would dare not close in fear that he could lose sight of his daughter. 

He's not going to make it in time, the rude crowd murmured. 

That poor child.

What bad parents for leaving her alone.

The mother was a mess, clutching herself in her arms and sobbing, her cries intensifying with every vicious murmur that the crowd abused her with.

The father reached his child and tugged on her stray arm, trying to keep the both of them afloat which grew easier with the tension, his adrenaline was much more powerful than any other drugs. He safely held her between his arms as he swam the both of them back ashore. He was superman.

She wasn't breathing.

He laid her down, wiping the water out of his eyes and immediately started CPR. The mother had stopped crying and leaned down next to her child. A large crowd formed compromised of the whole population of the beach, not a single person was ready for a tragedy.

ONE and TWO and THREE and

All the way to thirty, he pumped his arms down on the little girl's chest enunciating every number with a grunt. He then pinched her nose and let out air into her lungs before he started his routine again. But his body was failing, the stress was catching up to him.

Sirens started in the distsance.

The father continued his CPR as the mother let a few stray tears leak from her eyes and the crowd grew more and more anxious. I was right next to the mom, looking down on the child that everyone was rooting for. Everybody's eyes were on her chest.

Come on darling, breathe. Don't leave us now child, you have so much to look forward to. Don't do this to your parents. Live, child, live!