Chapter 2

closer and closer and closer, he smirked.

I was too young to die, I didn't know what this man wanted, I sincerely did not want to be slaughtered.

I gathered up all my guts, my hopes, myself too after falling down.

I got up on my feet and inhaled deeply and started running. I ran and ran while screaming, the pain on my knees stings, i felt like a thousand blood cells were escaping from the cuts i got. I could feel my muscle aching, but i continued running.

My feet started to hurt when a few more pieces of sharp rocks pierced my soul, but that wasn't what i was supposed to be worrying right now. I kept on running as fast as my little short legs can take me. Turning left and right over and over again trying my best to reach home.

It was the last turn i had to make. I turned to the right and i quickly reached out my keys from my pocket. I searched for the main door's key. Still running. I ran up my porch, shoving the key inside the keyhole, opening the door. Gasping for air, i shut the door, locked it and sat on the floor as my legs were already aching from the long run.

" Hey babe, what's wrong? " my husband asked. He was holding a spatula, he was wearing a white apron. He stared at me from top to toe, with an awkward stare. His eyes were questioning me.

I didn't talk. I was still panting, gasping for air. I looked at him with widened eyes and turned back to look at the window. I opened up the curtains just enough for me to see.

Holy shit.

I cursed under my breath. There he was, standing at the roadside. Facing this way. I wasn't sure if he was looking this way or staring at me. I couldn't tell with his black collar coat covering him. His hat covered his face. I dodged down feeling scared that he would notice me. He was standing there just like a statue!

I closed the curtains and looked at my blurred face husband. " Somebody is stalking me, he's right outside right now!! " i whispered loudly, gasping between my words. I was crept out by his presence.

Joshua, my husband wasted no time running towards the window. He placed the spatula on the kitchen table and took off his apron. He moved the curtains to the side. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. He sighed in relief and shook his head. Joshua looked at me " no one's there sweetie ", giving me a soft smile just to calm my crazy nerves.

 Joshua looked at me " no one's there sweetie ", giving me a soft smile just to calm my crazy nerves

" Wait what ?? " i raised my voice. I got on my feet just to look at the window again. Just like he said, no one was there. " I swear he was there few minutes ago! Josh, he's been following me for 2 days straight. Count today in, it'll be the third day! This is driving me nuts! " I shouted with frustration, i ran my fingers through my hair.

Joshua started examining me from top to toe as if I've committed a crime. His eyes stopped at my feet. His eyes widened. " What the hell??! You're bleeding Teresa!! ". Gosh he never calls me by my name unless he's being serious. I lifted my shoulders as if it wasn't important at all.