Chapter 8

8:00 am

I hate the thoughts of that creepy man. I hate the fact that it was true. I hate the fact that i couldn't tell myself it was a dream because it felt so real. I was so disgusted with myself.

After hugging Joshua, I went to take a hot shower to release my tension before going to work. Joshua was sleeping in bed while i was dressing for work. I decided to let the bad thoughts slide and tried to focus on my job today. I've been missing out a lot. And my secretary texted me that I have a lot of patients to go through.

I walked down the stairs in my long skinny faded jeans that matched my black blouse with laces on it. I made myself a cup of coffee in the kitchen and placed it in a flask. I decided to have something for breakfast since i'll be busy for the day. I took out vegetables and ham from the refrigerator and started chopping the vegetables and grill the ham. After 15 minutes i was done. I walked up the stairs to kiss my husband goodbye.

I left the house after wearing my 3 inch black heals.

At my office

I walked pass my secretary who was sitting next to my office door. She stood up and greeted me a good morning when i walked in the door. I stopped next to her table, " Charlotte? I want the list of patients that I'm gonna see by 9:30 am on my desk please. The sooner the better. Also prepare all the forms and informations about the patients for me. "

" Yes Dr William. I got the list ready. I'll pass the informations along before 9:30 am. " Charlotte, my secretary answered with a low voice. She adjusted her black framed glasses and blinked multiple times. She looked really cute with her fringes clipped to the side.

Something was distracting me though. This smell. Her perfume. It smelt familiar like the one on Joshua's clothes. Yea I'm for sure it's this smell. Curiosity took over me, i finally asked after hesitating.

" Hey Char? Your perfume smells good. What brand is it if i may ask? "

She jolted up and took out the bottle of perfume out from her drawer then answered.

" O-oh. Yea it smells great right! Thank you. Anyways this is the perfume. It's the festive limited edition My Burberry . " she scratched her nape indicating how shy she was.

" Ahhh it's limited edition i see. Just when i wanted to grab one myself. " i turned the perfume around looking at its detail. I had a beautiful ribbon around the neck and the glass bottle was gold and sparkly. It looked expensive indeed even if it's tiny.

" Yea it is limited edition

" Yea it is limited edition. They're only selling 10 bottles of these. My brother's girlfriend bought it for me from Iceland. "

" Ohh " i nodded and thanked her.

I walked into my office feeling so confused. So Joshua has this limited edition Burberry perfume smell. Where did he get it? Could it be some other perfume that smells exactly the same?

I kept on wandering around my office. Sitting down on my chair and turning it around and around trying to figure it out while eating my sandwich. I swept away my thought when Charlotte brought the informations of my patients.

5:00 pm

I sighed as my last patient went out the door. It was a hectic day. There were so much patients to meet that I didn't even have time for lunch. Luckily i had an extra pack of biscuits in my office.

I messaged my temples closing my eyes trying to relax awhile before finishing up the paper work. I stood up and stretched like a cat. I sat back down and started typing my reports on different type of patients. I just hope I'll be able to finish this before late night though.

7:00 pm

A knock on the door captured my attention. " Come in " i answered.

" Doctor William, all my reports on the patients today are all done. I just need you to sign here, this is to confirm that you've met all of the patients in the list. " Charlotte walked in and placed a file on my table pointing to the part where i was supposed to sign. I picked the paper to check on the list of patients before signing it. I glanced on my watch noticing it was 7 already. Was i that busy to not notice the time?

" Well I didn't even notice it's already 7. Thank you for today Char. It's late now, you should go home and get some rest. You did great today, it was a busy day. " i said clasping my hands together smiling at her.

" You're welcome Doctor Teresa. It's my job anyways. I'll get going now. You should get a good rest too. You work way too hard. " she said as she blushes a bit. Her soft cheeks turned cherry pink. She took the file away and left the room.

I sighed again glancing at the time, 7:30 already. My stomach was starting to grumble like thunder. Of course I would be hungry because I didn't even eat well today. I bet my stomach is mad. I might as well continue this tomorrow since i need to eat before i get gastric.

Just when i stood up taking my bag to leave the office, my phone rang.

I'm in love with the shape of you. Push and pull -

The ringing stopped when i answered the phone without noticing who is the caller. That's when i froze. It was him.

" Hii baby. I miss you sooo much. Don't you miss me too? Hahaha. Why aren't you speaking sweetie? Too excited hearing me? " the person on the phone exclaimed.

" No. No. No. Go away. What do you want??! Stop messing with me. I have a husband. I'm married. I'm a married woman for christ sake. " i nearly screamed. I was scared again. I told myself not to let this person scare me or take over me but I couldn't.

" Husband?! Pft!!! He's not even good enough to be your husband at the first place. I don't even know why you agreed on marrying him. You married a guy who said that distance is better, a guy who doesn't care for you, a guy who doesn't appreciate you. What's so good about him? You'll find out soon. He's out there fucking some other girl and you're here fighting for him. How ' cute ', or i should say, pathetic. HAHAHA I'm your husband baby. I love you. He doesn't. "

I don't understand what is he saying. What does he mean he's fucking some other girl out there. No no no. This can't be. This shit head is just messing me up. My Joshua wouldn't do such a thing. I believe him.

" No I don't believe you. Shut up! " it was the only thing i could say.

" Haha it somehow make sense baby. Look, haven't you wondered before why did your fucking husband didn't want to have sex with you anymore? For months Teresa, think about it, he didn't accept you even when you tried. He has a woman scent, wake up girl. "

I was dumbfounded. Speechless.

" Yes it makes sense. Hahaha I'll get you soon baby. Be a good girl and wait for me. " the line was cut offed. These voices telling me to believe this stranger. These voices telling me that all of this makes sense. It adds up everything together. There were times i tried to convince Joshua that i wanted a baby but it's been months now, he never wanted to touch me in a different way. There were times i tried to seduce him but he always gave me excuses where he's tired or he's sick. I got so tired to even try.

xxx

Remember to vote, comment and share!

Heyy guys ! It's the time of the year!!!! IT'S CHRISTMAS GUYS !
Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way!
All i want for Christmas is you guys!
It's been a while since I've updated and here's a better update. I hope you guys would like it. I honestly don't know where am i taking this story to but seems like it's going somewhere?
- thatsmybias