Ch.12

1 month later (nothing interesting)

Ella POV

I was crying because mommy was leaving for a while. She had to go to Texas for 2 weeks, and I couldn’t go with her. I had to stay here with Aunt Dallas, Maddie, Demi, and grandma and grandpa. I hate when she leaves. I feel like if she leaves me, she won’t come back. I start gymnastics and tumbling tomorrow, mommy said it will be fun, and to not miss her.

“Ella, come here baby,” I heard someone call. I was playing with my dolly since mommy was gone this morning.

“Time for lunch,” grandma said and put a plate in front of me. I smiled and ate it, Maddie came home, but I had to wait 30 minutes before I can go and play with her. I turned on the television and Dallas came and sat by me.

“Hey baby girl,” Dallas said.

“Hey, why does everyone call me baby and baby girl,” I asked.

“Because you are our baby girl,” she smiled. I laughed and went back to watching television. I usually watch with mommy.

“Dallas, can I go now,” I asked.

“Yeah, but don’t tell grandma or mommy,” she smiled. I went out back and Madison was on her silk. She loved it. I smiled. I went to the mat and stretched. She taught me some things, and they are easy. I went into my middle split, then into my left and right split. I did my walkovers and then today Maddie was teaching me a back handspring. She went to a tumbling class some days she wasn’t in aerial.

It was time for bed and Aunt Demi was home for the next week before she went on tour. She sung me to sleep.

I have to go to school today, yesterday was Sunday. Aunt Demi dressed me in jean shorts, and a tee shirt that said words on it. I also got some new flats last week that I was going to wear. I got my bag and went downstairs for food.

“Okay, so after school we are going shopping for some leotards, we are going to wash them and then at 7:30 we are going to gym class, okay,” Aunt Demi said.

“Okay,” I said and finished up my breakfast and then grandma drove me to school.

I got home and Demi was already waiting.

“Come one girly,” she said and she put my book bag down and took me to her car.

“Okay, I don’t want to deal with those men today, so we are going to a little boutique okay,” she asked. I just nodded. They always get me lots of clothes, but I don’t like the men, they scream mean things.

We got to the boutique and there was one mean man there.

“Okay, back up, I have my niece with me,” she said.

“Just one picture,” he begged. We walked inside. I got to pick out a lot of different leotards and Aunt Demi got Aunt Maddie some too. We got back to the door and there were more men there.

“Come on guys, she is a child and you’re scaring her,” Demi said as she put me in my booster seat, she made sure I was buckled and then got into the front seat.

“Aunt Demi I’m scared,” I said as they surrounded the car.

“I know baby, I know,” she said. She pulled out and we went home. She put my new clothes in the washer and I got my bag and started homework.

I was done with homework and then went outback. I jumped on the trampoline for a while, I miss mommy, and she would have been out here jumping on the trampoline with me.

“Hey baby girl, come and get ready,” grandpa called. I got off and went upstairs. Dallas fixed my hair in a bun and I picked out a pink leo with silver stars going across my left side. 

I got to the gymnastics/tumbling class and we were early.

“Hello, you must be our new student Ella,” the person said.

“Yeah,” I said shyly.

“I am Coach Emy and I am your instructor,” she said. I smiled.’

“So your Aunt is in one of our older classes,” she asked.

“Yes, Maddie De La Garza,” I said.

“Oh, she is our aerialist,” she asked. I nodded. We went over and I showed her what I learned already.

“My Aunt taught me that,” I said.

“I knew you would know something,” she smiled.

“Today, we are tumbling,” she commented.

“Go stretch, until everyone is here and then we will all stretch together,” she said. I walked over to where she pointed to and waved to Aunt Dallas in the bleachers thing. I did what Maddie taught me to do when she was stretching. I got up and Maddie was watching, I walked over and hugged her.

“Hi baby,” she said.

“Hi Aunt Maddie,” I smiled.

“Can I stretch with you,” she asked. I nodded and giggled. We went over and stretched together. Everyone started to arrive soon and she had to go back to her class. Coach Emy started to teach us how to do different tricks. I knew how to do most of it. It was kind of boring, I did it with them. By the end of class I was so tired and my hands hurt.

“Bye everyone, practice please,” she asked. I walk to Aunt Dallas and she gave me my jacket. I put on my tennis shoes and shorts and then we go to the car.

“Do you want to go to get some ice cream,” she asked.

“What about Aunt Maddie,” I asked.

“She doesn’t get out for another hour,” she said. I nodded and we left for ice cream.