Chapter 26

Third Person POV

Minutes turned to hours...
Hours turned to days...
Days turned to weeks...

Kid still did not wake up. Soul never left his side. Lord Death was constantly passing around the hospital room. Tsubaki comforted Soul when needed. Blackstar tried to keep up morale and Maka kept Liz and Patty out of the room.

Soul refused to let the two sister see Kid, he had never been so angry, so disappointed in anyone other than the two Thompsons. Liz and Patty would shout and scream outside the door, but it was made clear that they weren't wanted, let alone needed.

Still, they stayed persistant and continued banging and screaming behind the door. Just wanting the chance to explain... To try and make up for what they did.

What they didnt understand is that no one could understand why they had let Ikuto free, why they lead him to Kid, why they had the nerve to say everything was fine when it clearly wasnt.

It had been 3 weeks since Kid was found, and he still hasn't woken up. His body had nearly conpletely healed and was expected to wake up soon. Thats what Stein and Nygus said 4 days ago.

They couldnt work out why Kid hadnt woken up yet. His body was capable of waking up, but nothing... He remained in the hospital bed.

The last few days for Soul had been agonising, the fact the Kid could wake up filled him with hope, but the as he hadnt Soul feared the worst. Only Soul knew the extend of what Kid was feeling, how he tried to cope with it.

So many emotions... Sadness, Fear, Paranoia, Loneliness, Hatred...

Anyone could see that Soul knew Kid best. Soul knew Kid was a fighter, no matter what Ikuto threw at him. He was known to never give up, especially when symmetry was involved. (Or not considering his OCD).

But everyone in the room, knew how Ikuto had completely broken Kid down. Destroyed the confidence, the brightness, the braveness that once was Kid.

Kids POV

My head is swimming with pain and i groggily open my eyes to see the inky blackness i was so used to.

Nothing could compare to how done and depressed i felt. I knew deep down that, things could work out, that i can wake up to Soul, my friends, my dad.

But part of me still held back. Keen to stay in the blackness for a bit longer.

Part of me deep inside didnt want to wake up at all...