Chapter 1

Zayns POV

I felt it getting closer and closer and bigger and bigger until it suddenly turned into a...

I puff as I pounce up onto my bed after what must've been a dream. The horror of the mystery figure lurks in my mind, these answers that come into my mind unbidden, threatening my thoughts and life. I still don't know what that was but I know what the sound is coming from downstairs is.

My mum, yes my mum.

I sniff and an aroma of fresh pancakes fills the room. I grab my top out of my creaky dresser and slide it over my head. I walk to the kitchen and see my cheery mum flipping what seems like the fiftieth pancake.

She is very keen on cooking, she used to have her own baking show until our sister, Georgia, got sick.

She was in hospital for 7 months and mum became quite poor.

Mum scoops up a stack of almost 10 pancakes onto my plate and pours a gallon of syrup on top. She plants a kiss on my forehead and serves Georgia.

Georgia has short dark brown hair and turquoise eyes, opposite of mine.

She is obsessed over her phone, it's almost her prized possession.

She would spend hours ontop of hours on it texting her best friend Hannah.

Bing

I receive a text from my girlfriend Alyssa

-------------------------------------------------- Alyssa:

Hey bby,

excited for today? Haha I know how much you LOVE camps and hiking.

<3

-------------------------------------------------

She really knows me and my despise of working. I text her back.

I place my phone back into my backpack and yawn, that dream last night stopped me from sleeping well.

Georgia gulps down the last of her pancakes and puts her china plate into the dishwasher.

We exchange goodbyes with my Mum and leave for this never ending nightmare.

The sudden gust of wind as soon as we leave the house sends chills through our bones.

I ruffle my hair and we stroll along to the bus platform, located in the neighbourhood next to ours.

Georgia takes a seat on the metal bench her face flinches as the cold iron sends shivers throughout her body.

"Bet your excited huh?" Georgia smirks, her dimples indenting and her eyes squinting at the ends.

"Very, it's a dream come true," I sigh as I reply to her lame sense of humour and sarcasm.

I too, sit down on the bench, witnessing the same reaction as Georgia.

We hear footsteps getting closer, Hannah groans ,"I wish the weather could've been nicer to us."

Georgia nods in agreement and Hannah sits down between Georgia and Adam, worldwide geek.

Georgia wraps her crochet scarf around her pale neck, her face relaxes as it soothens what felt like frost bite.

She takes a sip out of her coffee mug and swallows. The noise makes me explode inside.

Screech

The bus comes to a stop.

Hannah and Georgia pull themselves up and walk towards the bus, struggling to lift their suticases onto the steps.

"Let me help you there," chuckles Michael, Hannah's boyfriend.

He scoops both of their bags onto the bus and helps them on.

I scrunch up my nose, Michael is a pain sometimes.

I feel a harsh tap on my shoulder so I turn around to see, Liam, my best mate.

"I'm surprised you got up this morning," he grins.

"I am too, I'm regretting it already," I reply frowning. We hop onto the bus and I take a seat next to Alyssa. Liam goes to my other mates at the back.

She hands me a beanie and I cringe at her poor colour choice, flamingo pink.

I put it on my head and she kisses my cheek.

Michael gives me a dirty look and I exchange. The last few people go into the bus and the door slams shut.

"Everyone's on, let's be off." the bus driver croaks. He flicks a switch and everyone relaxes their tense muscles as a heat wave comes through the bus, a lovely change from the cold we were suffering a minute before.