Chapter 5

He kept trying, nothing.

With my rotten luck we'll probably be stuck here until the world ends. I feel my stomach churn and rumble. We'll probably starve to death as well because we all ate our food hours ago.

"Alright well we have to wait till tomorrow for food." The bus driver sighs. "Seems like we're all out."

"But then my skin will blemish, I need food in the next 2 hours!" complains Zoe, she thinks she's perfect.

"Then you'll have to find some money or catch a wild animal for tea." he frowns with tips of his mouth falling down.

Everyone complains about starving and how they will call their parents.

I guess they don't know the news yet.

I turn to Alyssa and she grumbles ,"Im going to die, were not safe here."

"Just 1 more night," I grasp her hand and place it on my lap,"Just 1 more night."

She holds me close to contain this warmth between us.

"We can do this together," I smile and my eyes light up.

"Lets do this." she encourages and smiles back.

I see the bus driver chew on his short fingernails and his thoughts come to one as he announces,"Zayn Malik and Harry Styles, I have $5 try and get a loaf of bread from that bakers van that broke down over there."

Ashton and Aujanae fill in their seats.

Harry and I stand up despite our stiff bones, and go towards a clunky old bakers van.

"Bakers Haven" was plastered across the side of the van in bold italic writing.

The cranky baker is outside trying to fix the engine.But no luck.

"Erm excuse me," Harry coughs.

He doesn't listen. Harry nudges me and I speak up.

"Ey you!" I shout. He turns to me and I hear him screaming ," can't you see that I have problems," in his mind.

He turns away and goes back to fixing his van.

"Look we've got problems aswell." I calm down. Well I try to.

"Give me a break kid." he croaks.

"The least you could do is give us a loaf of bread!" Fury and frustration brews in my mind.

'Fine,' he stares back and we exchange the crinkled note and a loaf sesame seed bread then return to our, mess.

We scurry into our bus and shut the door.

We try to keep everyone warm.

"1 loaf of multigrain bread." Harry raises the bread and gives everyone half a slice each.

We don't have enough for everyone to devour a whole slice.

Time passes by and so do we.

The sun goes to rest in the distant ocean. The world goes to sleep in their cozy beds, we go to sleep on our plastic leather bus seats, shaking and rubbing our hands together.

Tap, tap, tap.

I wake up. Checking my phone it's 3:21am. Last night I heard the same tapping on the window. Only tonight, I have evidence, my phone has been recording since we went to sleep.

I scan the recording and go straight to 3:21am.

The footage burns a place in my mind and seems to stay with me no matter how much I I try not to think about it.