Chapter 6

It's that thing, that I saw in my dream.

That... black figure building up on me but. It's face, there isn't a face.

No, there isn't a face at all.

But there was this tear representing its mouth.

Blood gushing out of the tear, it places it's cloak like hand on Alyssa's chest and it burns through leaving a hand print of black and blue.

ALYSSA!!!

I put down my phone, I can't bear to watch what happens next. I delete the footage, my eyes teary and red with fright.

I face her and remove her scarf, there it is. That mark. But there's more, more that I didn't see on the tape.

On her arm is a carving, done with a Swiss Army knife. It wrote You Aren't Safe Here, blood dripping out.

I grab the scarf and plaster her arm with it.

What is that thing.

I hold her tight and keep her close.

That thing is right, we aren't safe here.

My eyes fall heavy, but I refuse to let them win this war of sleep or wake.

I can't help but to cry.

Fuck.

The blood comes through the scarf.

I grab my top and use it as a bandage, applying it to this horror.

After hours of tears and blood, it's 7:34am and everyone wakes up.

Georgia turns to see me cradling Alyssa in my blood drenched arms.

"Oh my fucking god!" she screams covering her mouth. "what did you do to her?!"

Everyone gasps.

"She just got a graze in the night," I quickly cover the burn and carving on her arm. "I used her scarf to soak the blood up."

Everyone sighs in relief, of course except Michael.

"Must've been a deep graze." he sarcastically points out, "cause you know a graze leads to that much blood."

I fake smile back and hold my tortured girlfriend closer, I'm probably suffocating her at this rate.

"Bandage?" I suggest, looking down at the wound.

The figure still lurks in my mind.