Chapter 1: Gabriella

{NOT EDITED!}

August 2014

Gabriella

"Gaby you're drooling." Brandon said with a smirk.

I put my magazine down and glared at my fifteen year old brother. "Why are you sitting with me again?" I asked as I looked at my tray of food for the first time.

"I need a date for Homecoming and every girl in school seems to know you. I'm basically using your popularity with the girls to get me a date." Brandon smiled.

I scoffed. "Glad to know I'm of some use."

"Gaby!"

I turned and saw a girl with brown hair running over to me.

"That's me!" I said as I took a bite of my sandwich.

"Mandy told me to tell you that Friday everyone is staying late to finish the school newspaper for Monday."

"Sounds good! Why couldn't she tell me herself though?" I asked looking over to a table a few feet away where she was sitting.

"She's.....busy." She said as we saw Mandy snogging her boyfriend. "Well then bye!" She hurried off.

"How do you stand Mandy?" Brandon asked.

"She's not that bad. Sure she's a bit....mean sometimes but she's also smart and helpful and not your typical cheerleader. Just because she rejected you doesn't mean she's a bitch Bran." I laughed when he rolled his eyes acting like he didn't care. "You were five and she was seven, it would have never worked out."

"Now I know why nobody is sitting with you. You're annoying." He said.

"For your information nobody is sitting with me cause the guys are having a game of football and Gemma, Felicity and Florence went to watch. I declined their offer of watching a bunch of guys fooling around." I said matter-of-a-factly.

"What-"

Brandon was cut of by the principal walking over. "Hello Gabriella how are you today?" He asked friendly and smiling.

"I'm great Mr. Copper how about you?" I asked.

"Wonderful!" He said then turned to my brother. "Brandon, I see you aren't causing trouble for once."

"It's my sisters good influence rubbing off on me. Maybe one day I'll be an angel like her and you and I can be best friends." Brandon exaggerated.

I tried not laughing and looked at the girl standing next to Mr. Cooper. "Hi, I'm Gabriella but I prefer Gaby." I introduced myself.

She had long blonde hair and a unique shade of blue colored eyes. She wore casual clothing, a v-neck with a cardigan and skinny jeans and converse. "I'm Cassie." She smiled.

"Cassie here just transferred from a school in Florida. I was hoping since she is new that you could make her feel welcomed and show her around. I've already informed your teachers that you'll be out for the period. What do you say?" Mr. Copper asked.

"I'm in!" Brandon said excitedly.

"You Mr. Greyson are coming with me. There are some desks that need some gum to be removed from them and you are the perfect guy for the job."

"What did I do?" Brandon exclaimed.

"Annoy me." Mr. Copper said and Brandon groaned as he stood and followed Mr. Cooper.

"See you at home Brandon!" I laughed and waved.

"Is he your brother?" Cassie asked.

"Yes, unfortunately." I said and she laughed. "He's smart even if he pretends he isn't. Straight A's in his report card but his behavior is awful. Can't stay still for a minute and always has to disrupt class. You have any siblings?"