Chapter 2: Gabriella

{NOT EDITED!}

Gabriella

"Mom is going to kill you."

"Mom doesn't have to find out Brendon." I turned to look at my brother as I grabbed my jacket and school bag. "It's just for a little while, meanwhile they.....mn

"Amber and Roger need to call their mom and tell her what is going on. What has been going on for years now meanwhile she's on work trips!" Brendon said.

I sighed and closed my bedroom door so no one would hear us. "Brendon this is hard for them. Believe me I wish hey would tell their mom too and not have to deal with their douche bag of a step father. I've told them dozens of times to tell their mom but they just won't. Amber feels guilty about....you know....what happened to her dad." I leaned against the door and sigh. "I'm just trying to be a good friend Brendon, please don't tell mom. At least not now, they'll only be staying in the attic for a bit."

"Okay, I won't tell mom or dad." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks."

I turned and opened my bedroom door and we walked out. We headed downstairs where our mom and Oliver were already having breakfast. Our dad leaves early so most of the time we don't see him in the morning.

"Morning you two!" Mom said happily, like every morning. She pointed at me with the spoon she was using to cook. "Gabriella did I see Amber and Roger upstairs?"

I froze. "Umm....yeah! They were just....their bathroom isn't working properly so I offered to let them use ours. You don't mind right?"

"No, not at all! It's just that they seemed a bit off that's it, Amber was a bit bruised up. What happened?"

"Some girl accidentally pushed her yesterday at school and she fell. It's really nothing mom, she's fine. It looks worse than it is." I tried playing it cool. "So what's for breakfast?"

She looked at me for a second then looked back at the food on the stove. "Waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon pretty much everything!" She answered.

"Bacon sounds nice!" Brendon exclaimed walking over to Oliver, sitting on the barstool eating his food from his plate on the counter.

"I'll have some waffles." I said meanwhile casting a glance behind me to the stairs hoping Amber and Roger were fine. "Umm I'm going to go check on Amber and Roger...." I walked out of the kitchen before my mom could say anything.

I hurried up the stairs and towards the bathroom in the hallway. "Amber? Are you in there?!" I asked.

"Yes, I'll be out in a sec." She answered and I heard her making a lot of noise. "Shit." I heard her curse.

"Amber are you alright?" I asked grabbing the door knob.

"Umm....yeah! Just....give me a minute!" She said and I heard her still making a lot of noise.

"You sure?" I asked as I slowly turned the knob.

"Yeah! I'm....fine!" She yelled and heard her curse again.

I turned the knob all the way and quickly opened the door. Amber pulled her sweater's sleeve down right when I walked in. I noticed she's looked nervous and disappointed.

"Amber...." I said not really knowing what else to say.

She wouldn't look me in the eye and I knew I was right in what I was thinking. I let out a sigh.

"What's going on?" Roger appeared behind me in some of my brothers clothes. I had asked Brendon to let him borrow some clothes since his were dirty and bloody.