One More Night

Andrea.
"Fine, I'll stay one more night."
My mom's smile widened and she engulfed me in a hug.
"Mom, I need air." I said, gasping for air.
"Oh sweetie, I'm so happy you're staying." My mom cheered.
I seriously think that my mom has developed attachment issues.
"Yeah, me too." I replied.
"Why don't you take Christian to the park tomorrow?" My mom suggested.
"Alright. He does need to see more of LA. I think he's starting to like it." I agreed.
My mom nodded and left the room. I plopped my head of the pillow and drifted off to sleep.
***
Christian, come on. Lets go!" I groaned.
"Mommy please?" Christian begged.
"Fine, now let's hurry up." I huffed.
I seriously wish we didn't drive past this park. Before I could turn the car off, Christian jumped out and ran for the swings.
"CHRISTIAN, WAIT!" I yelled.
I swear he doesn't listen. I got out the car and ran after him. I caught up to him and stopped to catch my breathe.
"Come and get me mommy!" Christian taunted.
Where is the shut down button on this child? He is too much. I jogged after him and he hid behind the slide. Finally, got him. I crept towards the slide and said,
"Oh I wonder where Christian is."
"Is he behind the slide!" I shouted, ducking under and grabbing him.
"I found you!" I cheered, tickling him in the process.
"Okay, now it's your turn to hide." Christian said.
"Okay, close your eyes and count to 10." I replied.
He closed his eyes and I ran trying to find a hiding spot. I quickly ran and hid behind a tree.
"Ready or not, here I come!" Christian shouted.
I tried to hold in my laughter but, it came out anyway. I quickly covered my mouth and heard trampling footsteps coming closer.
"I found you, mommy!"
"Oh man, you found me."
"I found you too." I turned around and saw the last person I NEVER wanted to see again.
Chris.
I was walking in the park trying to clear my head. I looked at all the people and how happy they looked. The couples laughing and smiling together. Why couldn't I express my love to her the way I did for my past girlfriends? I was ripped out of my thoughts when I heard a child shout,
"Ready or not here I come."
I smiled and remembered playing hide and seek with my friends in the park. I walked to a near by bench near the water and a tree. I looked out at the sunset and felt relaxed.
"I found you, mommy!"
I turned and my eyes almost bulged out of head. Andrea? Mommy?
"Oh man you found me."
"I found you too." I mumbled.
I guess I didn't say that low enough as I expected because Andrea looked my way and froze.
"H-Hey C-Chris. How you b-been?" Andrea stuttered.
"Fine. You?" I said, in disbelief that she was really in front of me.
"I'm okay." She answered, slightly shaking.
"Mommy, can he play with us? Is he your friend?" The little boy asked.
"Yeah, he's an old friend. Grandma said that we have to be home before dark." Andrea answered.
"Oh. Well I'm Christian and- whoa, did those hurt?" Christian asked as he noticed my tattoos.
"A little." I answered.
"That's cool. I want one. Can I have one mommy?" Christian replied.
"No, come on we gotta go." She said, pulling Christian along with her.
"But, ma-"
"We have to go. Now." Andrea said, sternly.
I watched them as they walked out the park. I mostly observed Christian. He looked about 1 or 2 years old. He reminded me of myself when I was younger as well. Is it just me or does Christian kind of look like me?
Andrea.
That was too close. I need to leave early tomorrow. I don't want Chris ANYWHERE near Christian. Yeah that's his son but, I just I don't know. Call me a bad mother for keeping my son away from his father but, I think it's best. We've managed without him. But then again, Christian wants to have his dad in his life. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to be selfish, but I don't want Chris back in my life.
| Ooooo! What should Andrea do? Should she let Chris back in her life? COMMENT. Seriously guys, I NEED MORE FEEDBACK! -Andrea 😘|