New Year's Party

Andrea.
So many thoughts circled my mind. How was I going to do this? How was I going to propose? I should've said yes the first time. This whole week went by quickly. I was hoping that it would go by slowly but, no. I'm running around setting the house up for the party. I got snacks, food and, drinks for everyone. I just had to finish setting up the house and then worry about how I was going to propose. I don't know why but, I've felt this feeling for the past week. The same feeling when Chris and I made love. No not sexual pleasure, desire and euphoria. Something more, something I've never felt in any other relationship. I don't know what it is but, I love it and I want to feel it forever.
***
The whole house it set up and all I have to do is get ready since the party starts at ten. I stripped out of my clothes and got in the shower. I swear, that water felt so good I moaned a little.
"Having fun without me?"
I screamed.
"Chris! Don't do that!" I scolded, sticking my head out of the shower.
"Well, I wasn't the one moaning in the shower." Chris smirked.
"The water felt good." I rolled my eyes, continuing my shower.
"Riiiight," Chris teased. "let me find out you got some toys."
"Please shut up." I said, rinsing off my body from the soap.
"Make me."
I smirked as an idea came to mind. I grabbed a near empty body wash bottle and threw it at his head.
"Ow! What the fuck drea?!"
I laughed and started to wash my hair.
"That hurt." Chris whined.
"Aww baby let me kiss it better." I cooed.
"Fuck you." Chris grumbled.
"When?" I asked, rinsing my hair out.
"Well, we could do it in the shower." Chris suggested.
"I will throw another object at you." I warned.
"Aye, violence is not the answer."
I chuckled and put my leave-in- conditioner in my hair. I turned the water off and stepped out. I went to grab the towel but Chris snatched it from my reach.
"Stop playing."
"Why?" Chris smiled.
"Because I have to get ready for our party." I whined.
"This is fun." Chris chuckled.
"Why cause I'm naked?" I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah. Now go get ready." Chris smacked my ass. Hard.
I groaned in pain and put my bra and panties on, then proceeded to blow dry my hair.
***
I was putting the finishing touches on my hair and stepped back and admired what I saw.
"Where is the rest of your shirt?" Chris asked.
"At the store." I replied, putting on some red lipstick.
"Well you better go get it." Chris scolded.
"I'm a grown woman. I wear what I wanna wear." I shot back, putting on my heels. "Plus, what's a little bit of belly button gonna do?"
Chris was about to say something but the doorbell rang.
"Love you babe." I pecked his lips, then went to get the door.
"Aicha!"
"Hey baby, how are you?" Aicha greeted, hugging me. I stepped aside and let her in.
"Where's my lil man?" Aicha asked.
"Upstairs making sure his room is clean. By the way, where's Damien and my Mikey?"
Damien is Aicha's boyfriend and Mikey or Michael is their son. Mickey was around the same age as Christian.
"They're on their way. They were taking their time. And guys say that girls take forever." Aicha huffed.
"They do." Chris butted in.
"Hey Chris."
"Hey ChaCha how you been?" Chris replied, turning on some music.
"Good, how you holding up?"
"Just tryna survive while living with Andrea." Chris joked.
"Oh shut up." I chuckled.
After that, more people started coming.
***
It's around eleven-thirty and most of the people that me and Chris invited are here. Drinks are flowing, music is playing, the TV is on and conversations are being made. It's getting closer to that time and I'm anxious as ever. I don't even know what I'm going to say. I might as well go over it in my head now.
"Hey drea!"
"Hey Mike!"
"How you been, I ain't heard from you in a minute."
"I'm good. How's King? I miss my little munchkin."
"He's good. How's Christian?"
"He's goo-"
"Two minutes!"
Everyone started to gather together. Okay it's time. I made my way to the middle and turned the music down a bit.
"Hey! Can I have everyone's attention please?"
Everyone got quiet and all eyes were on me.
"Uhm, this year has been uhh a year and things have happened, and I wanted to end this year with a bang and enter the new year with a grand entrance. Chris, I love you. You gave me the greatest gift and that's our son and I'm thankful for him and you. Now, you were the first to ask this and I was foolish and said no. These past few weeks I had this feeling that I've never felt in any of my relationships." I teared up a bit and pulled out that small black box and got on bended knee. "I'm so in love with you just know that I do want to marry you. I'm sorry I said no the first time. But this time I'm screaming yes."
Chris grabbed my hand lifting me up.
"Yes."
I swear I never smiled so hard in my life. I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him as the clock struck midnight. People cheered and applauded. We pulled apart and just smiled at each other.
"I love you."
"I love you too."

| Happy New Year!!!! Andrea's outfit in the MM along with her ring. AWWWW HE SAID YES! Loyal made #2 on the BET music countdown!!! *twerks* Also, thank you for so many reads on this book and KTBH this year! I love all of you! Happy New Year! *sips coquito* -Andréa|