Lucy's Dead! (Or is she?)

Lockwood's POV

It had been five days since Lucy had been taken to the hospital and everyone was on edge. Especially me.

I visited her in the hospital everyday for as long as I could. Holly and George took over cases so I could be with Lucy.

There was talk of her never waking up amongst the doctors and they warned me to prepare for the worst.

I couldn't accept that. I never would.

Today she looked so peaceful, like she was taking a nap. God, was she beautiful when she slept.

Lucy started to stir and I leaned in, gripping her hand for dear life. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Luce," I exclaimed "you're awake!"

I leaned forward and hugged her tight.

"Ow, Lockwood, my ribs."

"Oh, sorry" I said. "What happened?" she asked.

"You were possessed," I told her "Do you remember anything?"

"It's starting to come back now," she said "One minute I was facing the visitor, the next I was trying to kill you all." She shuddered.

"Lucy," I said, "I am so sorry for stabbing you in the shoulder. Will you ever forgive me?" The image of that rapier piercing her shoulder had been replaying in my mind over and over. I'd been having nightmares about it.

"Lockwood, there is nothing to forgive. It was an acident." she said. "But I still did it" I argued. "It wasn't your fault." Lucy said firmly.

We sat in silence for a little while. "Lucy," I said "I have something to tell you." I took a deep breath. I had been trying to work up my courage to say this for a while now. 

" I love you." She grinned "I know." Then she leaned over and kissed me. I put my arms around her, careful to avoid her bad arm, and kissed her back.

We pulled away. "I love you too, Lockwood," she said, smiling. I grinned back.

"You look tired," I said. "I should let you get some rest." She did look really tired, even though she had just woken up.

I got up and left the room, a spring in my step.

When I came into the hall, I saw a nurse hurrying towards me. "Mr. Lockwood, I am terribly sorry" she said "I tried to speak with you but you barged right in this morning and I've been very busy." She sighed sadly "But I suppose you already know."

"Know what?" I asked, my happy feeling disappearing. "Mr. Lockwood I am so sorry to be the one telling you this, but Miss. Carlyle died this morning."

To Be Continued...

By the way, I added a Star Wars quote in my story. See if you can find it. Tell me in the comments if you can.